The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HOUSING IDEA: Screenshots as paintings

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I'd like to present this idea for Housing since, even if more regular paintings are added, all houses end up having the same paintings on their walls (even on your own houses if you have more than one), I was saying, I'd like the ability to take screenshots that could be added to a frame to be used as paintings on our houses.

You clear the UI, pose with your guild mates, take the screenshot, add it to the frame and... voilà! You have a unique painting for your house.

Or your group fighting a boss in a dungeon, Molag Bal in IC, the Posssessed Mantikore in SO, you fishing or crafting, whatever, even a landscape view or a picture of your own character.

Frames could be crafted, drop in game content, bought in crown store or so.

Once created, you could invite your guild mates and friends to see your unique paintings. :)

And of course, from time to time (if you like), you could renew your walls with new screenshots/paintings.

Hope you like the idea, thank you!
Edited by Dragonnord on April 27, 2017 8:07PM
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    That would be very cool! And then it would help make our houses a little but more unique. I would love this. :)
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please allow me to link @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert.

Thank you.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1

Love this idea.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome idea,
    love it!
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been suggested before, and will be impossible to filter for non-NSFW pictures.

Screenshots can easily be altered, and nothing prevents someone from putting a different picture in the screenshots directory.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Rappakon
    Rappakon
    ✭✭
    This would be awesome but I can already imagine some of the crazy things people would do with this feature.... xD
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will never happen. For 2 reasons:
    1. already stated in the forums -- NSFW pictures.
    2. Textures will need to be loaded for EVERYONE that visits your house - BIG load on graphics engine.
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    This will never happen. For 2 reasons:
    1. already stated in the forums -- NSFW pictures.
    2. Textures will need to be loaded for EVERYONE that visits your house - BIG load on graphics engine.

But the house is a separate instance, so it wouldn't be that big of a graphics issue, right? Not THAT much stuff to load in a housing instance.

I love OP's idea. It would be amazing!

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has been suggested before, and will be impossible to filter for non-NSFW pictures.

Screenshots can easily be altered, and nothing prevents someone from putting a different picture in the screenshots directory.

The screenshots would be taken directly in the game, not in your Windows, Console, etc., I mean a system to capture your character view and put it on a painting frame to hang on a wall (a system designed by ZOS, not hitting the "Print Screen" on your keyboard), so everything remains in the game, not your computer. So, nothing goes to the screenshot directory in your PC.

For example, you craft this special empty frame in a woodworking station as a furniture, position your character looking at the place/landscape/scene/etc. you want to be captured in the frame, and when ready you right click the empty frame furniture, select "Use" and done; the view is transferred to the empty frame (no NSFW risk here since no one can edit anything outside the game nor in the game).

Edited by Dragonnord on March 28, 2018 8:07PM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Holden I know you guys can't promise anything as you use to tell us, but do you think this idea is something ZOS can review? I hope it is. :)

Thank you!