The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Meta Sorc Rotation for Morrowind Discovered

Oreyn_Bearclaw
Oreyn_Bearclaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All,

I have been conducting some rather extensive testing on the PTS and believe I have arrived at the BIS mSorc rotation for PVE in end game trials:
TSKKSM5.jpg

Additionally, there is a more complicated version for max DPS assuming you are in a "pet-friendly" environment:
Cjip7dx.jpg

If you have any questions about the rotation, please let me know. I aim to please and will continue to update the build. :smiley:

*artwork courtesy of @zomnomnombie AKA the ESO Picasso
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be the meta, I am thinking heavy lightning attacks front bar combined with heavy flame attack back bar. Then switch back and forth. When i have have a pot up I will use a skill or two.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    LOL

Great, I will make sure to adjust my builds with this rotation. TY for conducting those tests! :trollface:
    Edited by Alcast on April 27, 2017 5:34PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    LOL

Great, I will make sure to adjust my builds with this rotation. TY for conducting those tests! :trollface:

@Alcast

Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I wanted to see if I could beat you to the Meta just once. :smile:
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With one hand free, can I increase my Damage Per Sandwich?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Ulquiorra82
    Ulquiorra82
    Soul Shriven
    Best rotation ever!!! Thanks ZoS
    ULO DPS SORC
    Officer in Fear Is Failure
    Bringer of fun and red circles
  • Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    With one hand free, can I increase my Damage Per Sandwich?

That's theorycrafting. I'm in tears.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice casual friendly rota...

just what ZOS want.

sad_frog.jpg

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Attack Spam -> Less Lag

ZOS is fixing Cyrodiil lag after all :o
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't tell anybody, but lit heavy attack synergyses with Skoria...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha :D:D
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

@Alcast

Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I wanted to see if I could beat you to the Meta just once. :smile:

He is still busy fooling around trying to make stamina work so you might just become the EU Deltia 2.0! :trollface:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see another heavy attack thread coming at all... :smirk:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    LOL

@Alcast

He is still busy fooling around trying to make stamina work so you might just become the EU Deltia 2.0! :trollface:

Haha, nice, lolz, gj! :trollface:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haha good one :D
    EU PC
  • Dao_Jones
    Dao_Jones
    ✭✭✭
    So, wait. Is it "Heavy, Heavy, Heavy"? Do I weave any Heavy attacks into my rotation? Do I need to clip my Heavy attacks with a Heavy attack?

This feels really complicated. I guess on the plus side, the drinking bird that used to manage my old rotation can now just focus on pet management for me.

simpsons-typing-bird-o.gif
    You've played with the best... now play with the rest!

www.unrepentantgaming.com. Pants off - game on!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they just nerfed frags right off of our PVE bars. This post went from comedy to serious AF.

I don't want to play Heavy Attacks Online...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dao_Jones wrote: »
    So, wait. Is it "Heavy, Heavy, Heavy"? Do I weave any Heavy attacks into my rotation? Do I need to clip my Heavy attacks with a Heavy attack?

This feels really complicated. I guess on the plus side, the drinking bird that used to manage my old rotation can now just focus on pet management for me.

simpsons-typing-bird-o.gif

That gif must be the nightblade spambush button...

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is almost prophetic, with the change to frags and all...

Disclaimer: I don't Sorc.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing about this frag nerf, yet can't find jack in the pts forum or anywhere, where is this coming from?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing about this frag nerf, yet can't find jack in the pts forum or anywhere, where is this coming from?

Said on ESO live that was advertised on The forum and twitch.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently they just said it on Eso live. I was not able to watch, but my discord is exploding. I actually think there is some misinformation running around. I dont think its as bad as I did, but its still a nerf. I read they were nerfing the proc chance to 10%, but what they said was that they were nerfing the bonus damage to 10% (from 20%). Admittedly, not nearly as bad as I thought.

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Looks to be the meta, I am thinking heavy lightning attacks front bar combined with heavy flame attack back bar. Then switch back and forth. When i have have a pot up I will use a skill or two.

Switching bars would require you to click and extra button every few seconds at the cost of .5 calories. This would require you to eat additional potato chip once every 5 hours thus decreasing rotation efficiency by .025%
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player Base: "Hi ZoS, can you comment why X didn't receive a nerf?"

ZoS: Wh"at's that? We missed something? It's getting nerfed next patch."
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you figured out my sorc pet heavy attack build. :)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

I have been conducting some rather extensive testing on the PTS and believe I have arrived at the BIS mSorc rotation for PVE in end game trials:
    TSKKSM5.jpg

Additionally, there is a more complicated version for max DPS assuming you are in a "pet-friendly" environment:
    Cjip7dx.jpg

If you have any questions about the rotation, please let me know. I aim to please and will continue to update the build. :smiley:

*artwork courtesy of @zomnomnombie AKA the ESO Picasso

It wouldnt be so sad if it wasnt true
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These gold elegant rings are going to make me rich in 2 months.

4 mill ap well spent!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 mill ap well spent!

I definitely bought a few just in case. Although, if elegant really becomes BIS, it means that Heavy Attacks have in fact become meta. If that's the case, I will probably play through Morrowind for the memories and call it quits after that.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 mill ap well spent!

I definitely bought a few just in case. Although, if elegant really becomes BIS, it means that Heavy Attacks have in fact become meta. If that's the case, I will probably play through Morrowind for the memories and call it quits after that.

Not sure why people think elegant will be a thing...whybwould you equip a set that buffs a single part of your dps by a small amt. For sorcs the meta will still remain necro, for DKs and the such nothing will change either...for elegant to be better than the next best set heavy attacka would have to be something akin to 40-50% of their dps, whoch wont ever be the case woth all of the DoTs available to botj of the classes.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

Question, Senpai:
    I'm on console and have never seen the thing you masterfully painted. Can I cheese that thing? Or am I now forever doomed to be a low-life dps and can only restore my honour by commiting Sudoku, despite my inability to count to the number that comes after eight?
    D=
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about just adapting and using a set for magika recovery or switching to witches brew?

I plan to use amberplasm plus astronanch for pvp. And thinking about 3x or 4x twighlight remedy for pve. Same as moondancer just 126 recovery instead of 967 max magika. Also have gone off using pets for pvp. I have found it's just as easy to get super high max magika (50k) by using 4x necropotence and mage light + bound agies. Still room for mages wrath and curse on back bar
    Edited by aLi3nZ on May 2, 2017 2:18AM