The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Werewolf Toggle

ASpaceTurkey
Werewolf NEEDS to be a Toggle.

Here are my proposed changes:

1. Werewolf Toggle Ability - To be on par with Vampires.
Can't Toggle Out while in Combat.
Ability costs entire Stamina Bar to Initially Use.

2. An Ultimate of its own - Pack Leader/Berserker.
Vampires have their Ultimate, Werewolves do not.
Make Pack Leader and Berserker the WW Ultimate with the same benefits.

That's it.

I loved the Werewolves in Morrowind and Skyrim.
The ESO Werewolves are a joke.

Please make the Werewolf Transformation a Toggle Ability.
As far as I can see, there is no reasonable explanation to have WW as an Ultimate.

ZOS has stated it's impossible; no, it's not.
Siphoning Strikes is a toggle.
Overload is a toggle.

With the current WW, I'd give it a year at most until I get sick of ESO.
Please change WW before then.

Feel free to add your own comments if you agree.
You will be ignored if you do not agree.
You will be reported if you are nasty.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By not allowing us to disagree, you are being nasty yourself. Can I report you now?

On topic:
    While I know where you're coming from, think about this:
    I am a stamina <class> and am suddenly out of stamina. Turning into a WW drains all stamina? NP! Low pay price & powerfull form.

Also, if this get implemented, you do realize that WW's will be nerfed, right? Vamps have much more cons than werewolves, and for werewolves, it's only in that form, vamps have cons all the time and require feeding.

I'm sure that if this turns into a toggable feature, one of the nerfs that will come is a transformation animation as long as in skyrim, but you will lose health in the meantime.
  • DaThornz
    DaThornz
    Soul Shriven
    Forgive me since I'm new to the game and forums in general but I thought it was Toggle? ( come from XBOX One so my keys are different then yours, I think.) On my Werewolf Character, All I do is LB+RB *out of Combat* and it disables it. I've not yet actually used him in Combat with being a Werewolf or anything but it seemed like a Toggle when I did use it.

Though - again, I haven't used him in Combat with it, as I've been grinding to level up my Argonian Nightblade to Champion rank lately. (Which I succeeded in and am Champion 67 lol)
    Thorns bring blood.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a toggle, but does not save ult.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's it.

As far as I can see, there is no reasonable explanation to have WW as an Ultimate.

Overload is a toggle.

you say that werewolf is a joke. However are you familiar enough with them in PVP. A lot of the Tanky people in PVP don't know how to fight a werewolf and it is extremely effective. It really helps with magic sorcs shield stacking. The only change it needs is to have the heal stam and fear magic. Maybe a little lower costs and a better animation when you get stunned. I've played one since the first month of console release. With 3.5k WD 53k max stam 45% crit and 38k resistances it can be a monster. Just for a little proof that I'm familiar with them enough.

https://youtu.be/KKzZIEPwaN8
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

That's it.

Overload is a toggle.

you say that werewolf is a joke. However are you familiar enough with them in PVP. A lot of the Tanky people in PVP don't know how to fight a werewolf and it is extremely effective. It really helps with magic sorcs shield stacking. The only change it needs is to have the heal stam and fear magic. Maybe a little lower costs and a better animation when you get stunned. I've played one since the first month of console release. With 3.5k WD 53k max stam 45% crit and 38k resistances it can be a monster. Just for a little proof that I'm familiar with them enough.

Great video!

Werewold does not need to be a toggle, but if zos keeps changing how environment works it might have to be.

In pve no issues with staying in form, VMA can be done in one transformation, group of 4 wolves is really fun with built in passives.

Monster helm helper corpses, enemy pvp players releasing in the middle of a devour or and for that matter, gaurds corpses that dissapear within seconds of death, and difficult devouring targeting are some fixes that need attention.

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ASpaceTurkey
    DaThornz wrote: »
    Forgive me since I'm new to the game and forums in general but I thought it was Toggle? ( come from XBOX One so my keys are different then yours, I think.) On my Werewolf Character, All I do is LB+RB *out of Combat* and it disables it. I've not yet actually used him in Combat with being a Werewolf or anything but it seemed like a Toggle when I did use it.

Though - again, I haven't used him in Combat with it, as I've been grinding to level up my Argonian Nightblade to Champion rank lately. (Which I succeeded in and am Champion 67 lol)

No, it's not currently a toggle.
    At the moment, you have to gain enough Ultimate to Activate it.
    Then you have 30 Seconds of WW Form.
    You can use Devour to extend the timer by 12 seconds.

But, what I want is for it to stay Indefinitely, as a Toggle, until I choose to leave WW Form.

That's it.

Overload is a toggle.

I'm not talking about PVP as I don't play it, myself. :)

While I can personally keep WW Form up by constantly fighting and using Devour.
    What I want is to not HAVE to keep WW Form up, but have it as a Toggle.
    I want WW Form to remain Indefinitely until I choose to Toggle it off, like Siphoning Strikes.

I get that people can still use WW Form in it's current state.
    What I want is to not have to maintain it.
    I feel that WW Form is a chore, and there is only 1 benefit outside of WW Form.

Ultimately, I feel that WW Form is not fun at all.
    I feel that it is not on par with Vampire.
    I feel that having to maintain the form is a chore, Vampires have to do no such thing.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaThornz wrote: »

No, it's not currently a toggle.
    At the moment, you have to gain enough Ultimate to Activate it.
    Then you have 30 Seconds of WW Form.
    You can use Devour to extend the timer by 12 seconds.

But, what I want is for it to stay Indefinitely, as a Toggle, until I choose to leave WW Form.

That's it.

Overload is a toggle.

I'm not talking about PVP as I don't play it, myself. :)

While I can personally keep WW Form up by constantly fighting and using Devour.
    What I want is to not HAVE to keep WW Form up, but have it as a Toggle.
    I want WW Form to remain Indefinitely until I choose to Toggle it off, like Siphoning Strikes.

I get that people can still use WW Form in it's current state.
    What I want is to not have to maintain it.
    I feel that WW Form is a chore, and there is only 1 benefit outside of WW Form.

Ultimately, I feel that WW Form is not fun at all.
    I feel that it is not on par with Vampire.
    I feel that having to maintain the form is a chore, Vampires have to do no such thing.

Werewolves and vampires should not be compared, as they are very different. The transformation comes at great cost, 300 ultimate, and requires great skill to master.

Werewolves were created to hunt in packs. Find 3 more like minded wolves and "chore" will be removed from the transformation.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • ASpaceTurkey
    "Play your own way." comes into mind here.

I don't wish to play in a group whenever I want to use my WW Form.
    I shouldn't have to play in a group whenever I want to use my WW Form.

Werewolves and Vampires should and will be compared.
    Both have to remain fair, else nobody will use the former.

Having to build up 300 Ultimate isn't a big deal, no.
    Doesn't take me long at all.
    But, only having a base of 30 seconds to use WW Form is pathetic.
    Having to group up just to keep the form is pathetic.
    Having the Vampire line have its own Ultimate, 2 great Abilities, and Passives that count at all times just rubs salt into the wound.

I propose a change.
    ZOS can take it on board, or ignore it like they've done since WW's inception.
    All I'm saying is, I hate it, and will not continue to play it.
    If even 100 people like me discontinue play, that has to say something bad about WW.

ESO is a game that is meant to be fun, WW Form to me is far from fun.
    Bottom line: I want WW Form to become a Toggle Ability to be used whenever I wish, for however long I wish; to remain fair alongside the Vampire line.

ZOS, please comment with your stance on changing the WW Form to a Toggle Ability.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Play your own way." comes into mind here.

I don't wish to play in a group whenever I want to use my WW Form.
    I shouldn't have to play in a group whenever I want to use my WW Form.

Werewolves and Vampires should and will be compared.
    Both have to remain fair, else nobody will use the former.

Having to build up 300 Ultimate isn't a big deal, no.
    Doesn't take me long at all.
    But, only having a base of 30 seconds to use WW Form is pathetic.
    Having to group up just to keep the form is pathetic.
    Having the Vampire line have its own Ultimate, 2 great Abilities, and Passives that count at all times just rubs salt into the wound.

I propose a change.
    ZOS can take it on board, or ignore it like they've done since WW's inception.
    All I'm saying is, I hate it, and will not continue to play it.
    If even 100 people like me discontinue play, that has to say something bad about WW.

ESO is a game that is meant to be fun, WW Form to me is far from fun.
    Bottom line: I want WW Form to become a Toggle Ability to be used whenever I wish, for however long I wish; to remain fair alongside the Vampire line.

ZOS, please comment with your stance on changing the WW Form to a Toggle Ability.

I understand you may be frustrated with the current werewolf mechanism. 30 seconds of form is what you get... If you do absolutely nothing. Actively you can keep werewolf up for hours on end, WITHOUT a single devour. It needs to be worked at for solo, and only true werewolf masters do so as second nature.

If you want to be a lone wolf you will need to work at it, it will be difficult in the beginning. Understand that werewolf is in a pretty good spot at the moment, but not for min max endgame pve play.

Werewolves are ment to be in packs, the passive reflects this.

Sure bleed damage could be stackable (dps boost), sure devour could be tweeked so you gain an actual buff and doesn't require the longest channel in the game.

Small quality of life changes are needed, not groundbreaking overhauls.

In competitive pvp werewolves are rare, and usually looked down on due to lack of survivability / group synergies. In pve they can not achieve ANY role for endgame. For werewolf to succeed in the future these two need to be issues must be addressed.

The timer reflects the nature of the beast, though the interface as actual bar timer is a little less immersive than desired. The bar reflects the need to run, hunt, kill, devour as Hircine demands.

Edited by Chrlynsch on April 28, 2017 3:13PM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In all reality, maybe just ask for an item set to make perma wolf able for you.

Sacrificing gear space in order to achieve solo perma form, using these totems/relics of hircine in order for you to remain in form for extended time.

Ive always liked the idea of hircine totem weapons that granted additional perks to abilities in form, much like a master weapon, or maelstrom weapon. This could be an interesting as both types of mentioned weapons lose their enchantment (keeps weapon damage) while tranforming.

It is better to ask for choices not changes, as the changes you ask for could change the way that someone likes to play.

Caius
    PC NA
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's assume ZOS doesnt read this or reads this but decides its too much wasteful development time (but then uses that development time to make unnecessary sustain changes to the core game . . oh wait) and WW stays an ultimate, I would prefer the ultimate to work much like Warden's Bear ult where it literally just stays on.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons