The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade tank leveling

Lavennin
Lavennin
✭✭✭
Been leveling as a staff wielding magblade, and now am interested in seeing how tanking works in this game. So if I, say, wear 5 heavy, sword & shield and a resto staff, with max magicka enchant and magicka recovery set, all points in magicka...

1) Will I be able to kill mobs quickly (seeing how the fire staff medium attack is gone and I have no points in stamina...)?

2) Will I be able to tank some elite mobs/normal dungeon bosses? Elites in particular. Currently with 5 light pieces they can two-shot me.

I'd like to know more before crafting a new leveling set. Thanks.
Edited by Lavennin on April 27, 2017 7:20AM

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're just looking to power level the skill lines you need for thanking your best choice would be to work with a friend and go to an XP grind location.
    Set your bars up to have a good DPS bar with 1 sword and shield ability slotted (even if not using that weapon) so XP is put into the skill line.
    Throw on one or two bits of heavy armour but keep your 5x light for DPS until you're actually tanking.

You should be able to tank most normal content fine as soon as you have some basics in the taunts/heavy armour.

Normally for skill levelling I go with 1x crafted sustain set (Seducer) just to keep spamming AoE skills longer.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓