My first ESO fanart, the Nightmare Courser

Antoinette57
Antoinette57
✭✭
I've been drawing for a few years and last year I started working with pens/ink. Recently I've met some friends on the game who helped encourage me to post this one on the forums and see how well it's received by the art community and fan base of ESO.

I decided to draw the Nightmare Courser because I liked the night time theme and somber tone of the style of art that was used in designing the mount for ESO.

I hope you all enjoy it, I just scanned it the other day, so I'll post it below.

Done with pens/markers/ink on blue-grey toned paper.

marxyci7pgw7.png

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fadeel!!!

('cause that's how I justified having him)

Love your work!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a wonderful drawing! Great detail. And so nice to see something created in a more traditional medium :)
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Jaanpw
    Jaanpw
    ✭✭
    This is my favorite mount in ESO. You did a wonderful job on this!
  • Jaanpw
    Jaanpw
    ✭✭
    This is my favorite mount in ESO. You did a wonderful job on this!
    I've been drawing for a few years and last year I started working with pens/ink. Recently I've met some friends on the game who helped encourage me to post this one on the forums and see how well it's received by the art community and fan base of ESO.

I decided to draw the Nightmare Courser because I liked the night time theme and somber tone of the style of art that was used in designing the mount for ESO.

I hope you all enjoy it, I just scanned it the other day, so I'll post it below.

Done with pens/markers/ink on blue-grey toned paper.

marxyci7pgw7.png

@ZOS_JaredCarr , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno featured piece on ESO Live? Or maybe @Antoinette57 has more ESO fan art that could be featured?
  • Antoinette57
    Antoinette57
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much everyone!
    Jaanpw wrote: »
    Or maybe @Antoinette57 has more ESO fan art that could be featured?

Thank you Jaanpw, I have one more piece I'm currently working on that is ESO related, but it isn't finished yet! I'll be sure to post the scan when it's finished though :smile:

• Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great drawing!
    Could you draw orc next?
  • Antoinette57
    Antoinette57
    ✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Great drawing!
    Could you draw orc next?

Thank you! Probably could do an orc... Have a screen shot/character in mind?
  • randomuserID1
    Wow, this is my in-game mount and this looks amazing, the detail is awesome!
    Well done and can't wait to see what you have next
    Former GM of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Boethiah's Scythe | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Mage Slayer | Ophidian Overlord | Shehai Shatterer I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like your art.

I do fanfic, err... I should probably call it gamefic when it's about ESO

Many years ago (and he doesn't like it when you ask just how long ago) an altmer named Akiro Caemaire began his studies as a sorcerer. In that time he "met" and made an arrangement with a particular daedric entity who agreed to function as a mount.

Thing is, they don't get along. More than once this terrifying oblivion steed has turned too late or simply leapt off a cliff leaving his erstwhile rider to hastily use his magic to save himself. Partly in retaliation, Akiro started calling his mount "Hubert".

Meanwhile a relatively recent member of the Order of the Dragon, one Broken Branch Toothmaul (any completionist with an AD character ought to know that tribe), really admires this amazing steed and thinks that of course Akiro calls him "Hubert" as it's the goblin way to name something with a poor descriptor to fool the fates when someone/something really is wonderful. And she can "just tell" that he has a sweet tooth, and what do you offer an amazing magical horse with a sweet tooth?

Moonsugar, of course.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your art piece is a fantastic portayal of the Nightmare Courser! Keep up the beautiful artwork! :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you tweet this recently? I am sure I have seen it before but I've not posted in this thread.

Fantastic work, please keep posting your stuff on the forums. I love to see others creations (as I am bad at art) and it brings some happy awesome to these bleak forums.

Next project should be something with a Guar :wink:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, this is beautiful! You are very talented :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Antoinette57
    Antoinette57
    ✭✭
    Thank you all very much! Your kind comments really mean a lot to me!
    Turelus wrote: »
    Did you tweet this recently? I am sure I have seen it before but I've not posted in this thread.

Fantastic work, please keep posting your stuff on the forums. I love to see others creations (as I am bad at art) and it brings some happy awesome to these bleak forums.

Next project should be something with a Guar :wink:

Yes I have shared it on Twitter! As well as my newest project, that's taking waaaay to long to complete, haha. Will continue to post my pieces on the forums, thank you for the encouragement. Will look into doing a guar, I think they're adorable :)
  • Lonewolf628
    Lonewolf628
    ✭✭
    Very cool! Flame effects look Good.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    very nice!
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, more please?
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Great drawing!
    Could you draw orc next?

Thank you! Probably could do an orc... Have a screen shot/character in mind?

Bumnog!
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    What an awesome drawing! I love it! You remind me I should spend more time drawing myself. Since I finished my uni and started working I have stopped drawing and that's a shame. Thanks for the inspo!