The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changed Gamertag and now have no chat

Jailbirdy
Jailbirdy
✭✭✭✭✭
A guild mate (not in the forums) has changed his gamertag and now does not have ingame chat. Anyone have a fix? (they tried reinstalling the game and deleting the save file, no luck.

Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • JESTERDAN
    JESTERDAN
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue.. unless you are talking about me lmao.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »
    A guild mate (not in the forums) has changed his gamertag and now does not have ingame chat. Anyone have a fix? (they tried reinstalling the game and deleting the save file, no luck.

How is this a Technical support forum if a ZOS employee or volunteer does not monitor and comment on issues being discussed?
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • JESTERDAN
    JESTERDAN
    ✭✭
    Because it's not a common problem. If it were an easy thing to fix they would be like "we got this" but if someone has a problem that requires attention from an actual human being and not a response bot they ignore you until you go away. I honestly can say since I can't talk on a mic I've already stopped playing as much and won't be spending another dime. I've enacted other means of expressing my dissatisfaction with my friends on Xbox live. Needless to say my friends will not be playing eso with me.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not here to report issues, it's here to discuss reported issues.

Step 1: read https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324059/please-read-before-posting-in-the-support-sections#latest

Step 2: report issue and wait for response

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 3, 2017 7:48PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • JESTERDAN
    JESTERDAN
    ✭✭
    Yeah did all that. Thanks though. Zos really doesn't care about this issue. I have talked to countless others having the same issue. And we are discussing a reported issue. A frustrating issue and your response helped 0%
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not here to report issues, it's here to discuss reported issues.

Step 1: read https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/324059/please-read-before-posting-in-the-support-sections#latest

Step 2: report issue and wait for response

If you read my first post, I ask if "anyone" had a fix. I was looking for feedback from "anyone". The people (2 of them in the guild) have reported the issue with no helpful response to fix it. ZOS sends them to Xbox Live support and Microsoft sends them to ZOS support.

Moderators have responded to posts in here before, but thank you for the obvious link. Let me know if you have any futher helpful advice relating to the problem above.

(BTW - My post was "Step 3" in that link you sent)
    Edited by Jailbirdy on May 4, 2017 3:53PM
  • JESTERDAN
    JESTERDAN
    ✭✭
    I started a new Xbox live gamertag and it works fine lol. I'm cp510 on an account I can't talk to people with.. oh well. Here comes the grind. I put in 2 more tickets yesterday. Eventually they will help me right? Lol
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JESTERDAN wrote: »
    I started a new Xbox live gamertag and it works fine lol. I'm cp510 on an account I can't talk to people with.. oh well. Here comes the grind. I put in 2 more tickets yesterday. Eventually they will help me right? Lol

The two people in our guild changed there gamertag back to what it was and they were both able to use chat again. The used the exact same spelling/wording/symbols/etc they had before.

Hope that helps if you want to get chat back. Not really a fix, but it is a work-around until the issue gets attention.
  • JESTERDAN
    JESTERDAN
    ✭✭
    Yeah. My gamertag is jesterdan. I locked it up 16 years ago and really don't want to change it back. There is a certain amount of pride that goes with having a gamertag that doesn't require numbers and such in it. Imagine if major Nelson had to change his gt for one game. Lol
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log into your ZOS Account at the top of the page under account...not the forum

Look and see what gamer tag is linked ...if it doesn't match, you'll need to unlink and re-link. See support pages
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501