Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Queuing for pledges

Brunoad
Brunoad
✭✭✭
Someone in my group told me today that queuing for pledges is beneficial, as it gives a DPS buff, while simply porting to dungeons does not. Is this true??
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

Sorry, but you just got trolled.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time I hear something like this... :o
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »
    Someone in my group told me today that queuing for pledges is beneficial, as it gives a DPS buff, while simply porting to dungeons does not. Is this true??

Yes it is true, using the groupfinder applies some buffs to everyone. I think it's like 1k spell/wd.
  • Dragonking06
    Dragonking06
    ✭✭✭

Yes it is true, using the group finder applies some buffs to everyone. I think it's like 1k spell/wd.

I've heard the same but if it does, it's definitely NOT 1k to Spell or weapon damage, that would be absurd. Next time I queue for a dungeon I'll have to check, but I have a feeling it's more likely somewhere around the 100 mark, (If at all).
    PC - NA Server
    Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
    "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your actual spell and weapon damage, I think. Even my tank had around 2k weapon and spell damage with this buff.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does. It gives you like 200 weapon and spell damage. It's really nice. So I find it absurd when people don't queue.
    Edited by Tasear on April 26, 2017 11:17PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

It does. It gives you like 200 weapon and spell damage. It's really nice. So I find it absurd when people don't queue.

It does give you a buff to spell/weapon damage (I think it's %...20% maybe? But don't quote me on this) but in its current state it also gives about 90% bug chance in my experience. Last time we queued as 4 we got instantly ported out with queue cooldown. Pre last 3 of us crashed porting, then 1 crashed after porting. Personally I prefer fast and easy guaranteed manual dungeon port to a questionable damage buff.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

It does give you a buff to spell/weapon damage (I think it's %...20% maybe? But don't quote me on this) but in its current state it also gives about 90% bug chance in my experience. Last time we queued as 4 we got instantly ported out with queue cooldown. Pre last 3 of us crashed porting, then 1 crashed after porting. Personally I prefer fast and easy guaranteed manual dungeon port to a questionable damage buff.

They fixed that for the most part....At last you just have to port back in or if you remove one member and add them back again then you get ported back in. For most part it's fixed so try again
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They fixed that for the most part....At last you just have to port back in or if you remove one member and add them back again then you get ported back in. For most part it's fixed so try again

Didn't work last night and we tried it a few times. We would arrive in the dungeon then would see the removing from dungeon/instance/content (not sure what it says but same result) message and the little circle timer counting down.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They fixed that when/how?o.O There were no patches regarding the groupfinder and it's still broken as all hell. Last time I queued for a random with a friend we got ported out with queue cooldown, someone left and it gave us no option to queue for replacement nor did it save our random dungeon. Ended up just waiting 15 mins.

Yes it works sometimes, other times you can port manually even if it doesn't but I just don't think it's worth the hassle. I can speedrun hm ROM/COS without this buff so I'll just take a bug free guaranteed port :D
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Wait what?!