The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Double Crowns: Bug or Clueless Player?

Imryll
Imryll
✭✭✭✭✭
I typically sub for three months, cancel, and then resub when my time runs out if I expect to play in the near future. Recently my time ran out, and I resubbed as soon as I found that the door to the Imperial City was locked--which would have been almost immediately after my time expired. After I renewed, I checked my crown balance and found it much higher than expected. Instead of increasing by 4500 (for the 3-month sub), it appeared to have increased by 9000. I've not bought any crowns--ever--other than those that come with a sub. There's been no indication that this was a gift, if that's even possible. I suppose it might be related to one of the recent events or having pre-ordered the digital collector's edition of Morrowind, but I've not been able to figure out a clear explanation and remain uneasy about what feels like largesse out of the blue. Maybe I was just wrong about my previous balance, but I really don't think so. Maybe, because I had subbed, I was credited for the next three months, despite having canceled a couple months ago, and then credited again when I actually renewed? Has this happened to anyone else, or can someone else explain it?

Edit: Another thought, assuming that it's a bug, is that I subbed for 6 months at release. 9000 crowns would be correct for a 6-month sub, if we still had them, and I had chosen to sub for that long.
Edited by Imryll on April 26, 2017 8:47PM
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Your account page will tell you how long you subbed for and also your crown balance

account.elderscrollsonline.com/
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll take them if you don't want'em?
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!