The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

stopping and starting the download.

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey so due to having terrible internet it will take me approx 27 hours to download the Beta... I underestimated the size of the beta... :s. I really should of known though, I just thought it would be smaller than the game the first time.

Do I just have to surrender any use of my internet for 27 hours or can I stop and start it over the course of several days?
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Hey so due to having terrible internet it will take me approx 27 hours to download the Beta... I underestimated the size of the beta... :s. I really should of known though, I just thought it would be smaller than the game the first time.

Do I just have to surrender any use of my internet for 27 hours or can I stop and start it over the course of several days?

You can pause the download, but when you start it again it will have to verify everything that you have already downloaded which will take a few minutes.
    PC/EU DC
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who likewise has very slow download speeds, Yes you should be able to pause it and continue later without issues. It took me 5 days in a row to download ESO before, since I'm only able to download in the early morning.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!