Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Motif Drop Rate Nerfed?

Thrasher91604
Thrasher91604
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the end of event I've done 30 guild dailies and not a single Draugr motif has dropped.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    I just noticed it while farming ra-gada. Chances to get motif chapter became very low.
    Actually it's funny, because after event when prices for all motifs significantly dropped, now there is no point of farming them :p
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having the same problem with Order of the Hour motifs from Gold Coast dailies.
    They hardly ever drop any more.. :worried:
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr was absurdly low drop any way, I did 40 off quests before I saw one of them. You're probably just suffering a string of bad RNG.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done 90+ guild dailies and got around 5 draugr motif chapters. It give us a statistical probability about 5%. So, it would be no harm to increase it slightly, I suppose. In order to increase probability of having full style after completing the Fighters, Mages and Undaunted guilds achievements. Or just increase chances if you have the guild dailies achievements.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the last event I was getting about a drop rate of 1 in 10 for the guild dailies. Was anyone else?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed a drop off in the rate of motifs being dropped. As in one motif since the event ended. I think it was an Outlaw Motif, not even sure where it came from.

I kind of expected this as the motif drop rate during the event was rather insane. Although I did complete all but two of the Motifs with help from the event. Only had to spend about 200K, vs the more than 1,000,000 I would have to complete the ones I did. (I don't do a lot of the farming activities that drop motifs on a regular basis). I think I had to learn 12 of them before the event, now I only need 2.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I refused to spend more than 5k on a motif, and farmed them relentlessly during the event. But still short quite a few, since I could not play the game 24/7.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on April 26, 2017 6:01PM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Gina, was this an intentional nerf to reduce the drop rates to below what they were before the event or is this a bug?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped doing the guild dailies after getting no more than a handful of Draugr motifs in more than 3 weeks. Craglorn dailies gave me a far higher drop rate of Yokudan motifs and I can sell them for 30k+.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have my largest deficit in Draugr, so have been focusing on those to no avail.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr drop rate was pretty low before the event at about 1 motif for every 20 dailies, so if your getting 1 in 10 you're on a lucky streak ;)
    Since the end of event I've done 30 guild dailies and not a single Draugr motif has dropped.

Since drop rate in about 1 in 20 normally, getting 0 in 30 is not unusual.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem with Order of the Hour motifs from Gold Coast dailies.
    They hardly ever drop any more.. :worried:

Its about a 20% chance to get Minotaur/Order of the hour (when i was counting these i got 39 motifs from 173 attempts).
    This was before the anniversary event.