The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

[PS4 PRO] Easy to replicate crash in menus [100% replication rate]

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
So basically this is an issue I find quite annoying because I know in the back of my head it can happen - but when it does happen is usually when I'm off guard.

Basically, when you first start the game, you get to the character selection screen - at this point, if you try to open your PS menu, you will reliably, 100% of the time crash the game. I have done this multiple times by accident, and a couple times on purpose so I'm pretty confident this is 100% of the time it happens. It does not seem to happen when you are at the main screen that says press x to start, only during character selection. It is not restricted to entering the PS button, but also when accepting party invites, as these bring up an alternate screen. Basically, the PS does not idle the game in the background properly as it should when interfacing with a PS related menus. I'm unsure if this happens on the regular PS4, I could test but don't really want to. I am 100% positive it happens on PS4 Pro everytime I've tried on purpose.

This annoys the heck out of me, because often when I go online, I go on ESO first right away - a friend will see that and want me to play a game with them, and they often catch me just as I'm in the character slection - so I go to answer their PSN message, or accept their chat invite - and crash - and sometimes they just want to talk, which means I was never going to get off ESO, and so I have to go through the whole loadup ordeal again, very annoying..
Edited by lagrue on April 25, 2017 8:31PM
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"