The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Captain Blackheart solo

brtomkin
brtomkin
✭✭✭
So... I was solo farming Blackheart Haven in normal mode for Bone Pirate pieces with my non-meta stamsorc archer pet-build when I decided to fight Captain Blackheart. I have run Blackheart Haven alone many, many times farming Knight's Errant and Bone Pirate sets and know that Captain Blackheart cannot be soloed due to the skeleton transformation mechanic. I thought maybe running around with pets (a clannfear, a daedroth, and morkuldin swords) would somehow give me an advantage that would allow me to avoid or live through the transformation... I failed miserably as usual. But, instead of reviving at the wayshrine to exit the dungeon, I accidentally revived using a soul gem, so I decided to try the fight again. I used a different method this time and guess what... I was not being transformed. I had Blackheart down to about half health before I died to the adds, but I was never transformed. So, I tried again using the same method and actually beat him - I have video proof!

I am very, very rarely the first and only person to discover something like this, so I would be surprised if nobody else has used this method to solo Captain Blackheart... it is very easy and probably anti-climatic to everyone once I show it. I understand that this could be a riddle for some players, so I am not going to post the videos yet (I'm not at home right now anyway). I could post one word that would reveal the answer, but I think a video is more dramatic (and necessary) proof. It is a very common, even popular mechanic... it was most definitely NOT a quick DPS burn. It is not an exploit, I think it might actually be an intended side-effect of the mechanic. The methods to solo Direfrost Keep have not been nerfed, so I assume this method would not be nerfed either.

I am really just curious if anyone else has soloed Captain Blackheart or if there are any compelling reasons to NOT post the video here. Actually, I am kind of torn about posting the answer... kind of like a magician revealing the secret to an illusion... not sure if I should. I'd like to know what everyone thinks: Should I show the video?, Should I wait?, Should I just post the one word in a spoiler tag?, Am I risking ZOS nerfing it by posting it?, Does anyone else have a method to solo Captain Blackheart?

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. I love running undaunted alone and I've never soloed him since using what would likely be considered a cheesy exploit a long time ago, which is no longer applicable. Since then...no. Cap Blackheart will bone anyone he gets alone. Ha..eww.

These forums are for sharing. If you're concerned that people don't want to know the strategy, embed it in a spoiler frame by clicking on the paragraph icon above your post, so that individual readers can look at it or not if they wish.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the only way to solo him is be a werewolf? That's dumb.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    So the only way to solo him is be a werewolf? That's dumb.

@cyclonus11
    1. congratulations on the Necro.
    2. it aint being a werewolf, it is transforming into a werewolf when he tries to transform you into skeleton.
    3. It is old as hell, pets are "tanking the boss" it was removed long ago so video a bit outdated.
    4. You can probably solo it easily by using infallible aether, iceheart, and a tanky set, running around in skeleton form killing everything with heavy attack.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

Oops
    Edited by StytchFingal on December 1, 2019 6:32AM