Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ultimate Counter Question

SPE825
SPE825
✭✭✭
I should know this, but is there a difference in the strength of an ultimate when you go above the cost of the ultimate? I know more ultimate is better for sorc overload of course, but was wondering about one hit ultimates.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no difference except overload which you mentioned.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    There is no difference except overload which you mentioned.

Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a NB Ultimate that gained power the more Ultimate you had saved up, but that was changed a long time ago.

So, other than knowing you have a pending Boss fight coming up, there is no real strategic reason to not use your Ultimate as soon as it is ready. Tactically of course you wait for it to do the most good (usually more mobs around than less)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There was a NB Ultimate that gained power the more Ultimate you had saved up, but that was changed a long time ago.

So, other than knowing you have a pending Boss fight coming up, there is no real strategic reason to not use your Ultimate as soon as it is ready. Tactically of course you wait for it to do the most good (usually more mobs around than less)

Yeah, and as I thought about it, I guess it's good to see the number as well since you might have an ultimate on the back bar that costs more. That way you don't have to flip over there to check if it's ready to go.