The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does Lag In Cyro Come and Go For Different Players?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, I have days here and there where I can go out and wreak havoc, 1v1, hold off 4 or 5 people on my own, push into groups and get multiple kills before retreating to rebuff, and my resources never run out. Basically it can feel like Im wearing a whole new armor set and my skills are working for a change. Then Ill have a period of time when literally nothing works the way it should, I cant burst anyone down, it feels like Im constantly out of resources, my health desyncs nearly every fight. So what gives? It doesn't seem to be equal or coincide with others having issues, but it makes playing nothing short of completely frustrating and I eventually just give up and log because there is absolutely no point in trying to accomplish anything unless Im part of a zerg.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    On console I stay on the 7 day campaigns and never touch scourge land of the lag. I generally never have a problem, before when I had wireless connection keeps would go invisible and all crazy stuff but since I switched to wired everything has been awesome. Basically I get more DC's in VMA than Cyrodiil..which is funny. Primetime when the campaigns and big groups start rolling what is it called? FPS drop? That's given. What always happens for me on the ps4 is textures becoming glossy and my character just stays stuck running in one spot until the textures load properly, it is very annoying. Also I only experience health desync in trials, I can't imagine what it is like in pvp consistently..
    The Flyers
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    note to self - don't jinx yourself...

well now that you mention it - no, I haven't seen much lag lately...

I play on ps4/na (on phone now, so can"t see others signatures)...

I play in scourge...many times during keep battles for flags they'll be an easy 30 to 50 players running around the keep...

that used to be a guaranteed lag fest (particularly inside outposts)...hmmmm, maybe things have gotten better...

there's a feature on the ps4 that let's you test your internet connection...large majority of my disconnects (doesn't happen too often) are connection speed related...

seems to keep the game flowing I need at least 20Mbps down and 5Mbps up...my issues come mostly from my connection speeds dropping below those thresholds...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 25, 2017 8:00PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i feel you, some days i feel unstoppable, everything works perfectly, my LoSing is on point and people just melt, and other days i feel like i'm missing a leg or 2
    Edited by zuto40 on April 25, 2017 8:23PM
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    For xbox NA, I've found Thornblade and Skull to be the best for minimal lag (during prime time). Unless you're EP, there's no guarantee that you'll have many allies in either of these though. AD shows up more in Skull, DC more in Thornblade.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Directly related to your blood alcohol content?
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no lag in cyro, it's just your internet connection. If you're talking about framerates, it's unavoidable, the more people on your screen, the more cpu and gpu power you need to render all of it.