The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Error 1005 and now can't uninstall

rwebbo25
rwebbo25
After the patch last night I started having Error 1005, tried repairing via launcher and still had the issue. Now just noticed that my eso64.exe isn't actually working (the actual logo isn't showing and it doesn't recognise as part of the game, it also shows as having "no owner") so presumably that is the issue.

Anyway, I tried uninstalling, didn't work, so i've copied the files and folders from our other laptop (which managed to update and still play successfully) to which i've been met with a permissions window from Windows 10. I am an administrator on this PC so tried again with admin permissions, still can't copy.

I've now tried simply deleting the entire TESO folder ready to replace with the other one and still can't do it, apparently I don't have the right permissions, but I do.

Is there a way to force deletion? Can't do a thing at the minute it's now just a folder that doesn't do anything.

SEND HELP!

0sx4otjwh5ap.jpg
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    try windows safe mode, that should give you access to deleate away ;D
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
  • rwebbo25
    rwebbo25
    try windows safe mode, that should give you access to deleate away ;D

really stupid question, my head is now semi-imploded, how do i get Win10 into safe mode?

Edit: never mind, got into it.

It appears to have been deleted so now trying to copy over the other files.

Edit 2: safe mode delete and copy worked, thanks @bennysbeastb16_ESO2 for your help. Wish I'd thought of that beforehand!
    Edited by rwebbo25 on April 25, 2017 10:36AM
  • Drogskol_Capn
    Safe mode is great if you need to dive into the machine. I have used it countless times to get rid of errors.
    Edited by Drogskol_Capn on April 25, 2017 11:24AM