The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Zos your game is dieing, bring back 1.5/1.6 mechanics for pvp!

Lord_Invel
Lord_Invel
✭✭✭
HONESTLY the most enjoyable patch for anyone was either 1.3, 1.5, and or 1.6. The combat system of that time of the game was definitely better than what it is now. I'm currently advocating for the backtrack of the combat that we have now to previous patches. We need to rework the cp system and bring back a balanced version of dynamic ult gen and soft caps and get rid of battle spirit make heavy attacks bashable again. Also get rid of poisons and snares and make ultimates counterable again. Make soul assault interruptable , make meteor counterable with cloack or reflect, make ur ult system skillful again by giving us a new version of dynamic ult gen. Zos fix ur game u still have bugs that have existed for three years now ......is it not shameful and embarrassing for a company to be selling a broken product for so long??!!! Your most popular streamers have left because of how ridiculous the games balance has become and how broken it is. Now the only thing streamers do is advertise how terrible this game has become.

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you not play the game back then? Class balance during 1.3 and 1.5 was horrible. It was still Elder Robes and Staves Online.

1.6 finally stamina builds became viable, but the pendulum swung in the opposite direction and they became a bit too strong with infinite roll dodge, melee caltrops for infinite adrenaline rush/ red diamond etc.

Currently perhaps med/light armor need slight buff to bring them to the level of heavy, but overall the class balance has improved tremendously since those days. Finally you can make a viable character for pvp from any of the four classes and your choice of stamina or magicka, light, med or heavy armor.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on April 25, 2017 12:56AM
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    @IcyDeadPeople I feel like u didn't read the post at all lmao. I specifically am talking about pvp combat mechanics not class balance lol.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I would agree with bringing back bash/interrupt for most channeled attacks like heavy attack wind-up, dizzying swing, etc, but I think the reason they changed soul assault like this was an effort to make it stronger than jesus beam, considering it is an ultimate.

Not even sure what the reason was for the change to making ultimate generation based on light/heavy attacks, but it's now been that way so long I suppose I've gotten used to it.

What is it about battle spirit that you don't like? I think we always got at least some kind of health boost in Cyrodiil, didn't we?
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    @IcyDeadPeople and is ur definition of viable ganking from stealth in the middle of a zerg..... or actually playing solo or small scale where ur skillful intuition and reaction time actually matters lol
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not play the game back then? Class balance during 1.3 and 1.5 was horrible. It was still Elder Robes and Staves Online.

1.6 finally stamina builds became viable, but the pendulum swung in the opposite direction and they became a bit too strong with infinite roll dodge, melee caltrops for infinite adrenaline rush/ red diamond etc.

Currently perhaps med/light armor need slight buff to bring them to the level of heavy, but overall the class balance has improved tremendously since those days. Finally you can make a viable character for pvp from any of the four classes and your choice of stamina or magicka, light, med or heavy armor.

You are forgetting bows in 1.5, it was very much elder bows online. The bandwagon against staves and light armor in 1.5 and the stigma it got of being the only viable way to play is crazy.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is dieing because you listen to,these pvp people, who have an insatiable desire to have an advantage over each other, but, will complain about any perceived advantage someone else has that either allows them to survive too long or god forbid makes them die.

Changing the game to improve whatever their current perceived problem is, drastically changes the PvE game, where no problem even existed. PvE and PVP are completely different, different gear, different skills, different play style, different challenges. Either just make the game PvP centric or stop breaking PvE to fix what perceived issue exist in PvP.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    The game is dieing because you listen to,these pvp people, who have an insatiable desire to have an advantage over each other, but, will complain about any perceived advantage someone else has that either allows them to survive too long or god forbid makes them die.

Changing the game to improve whatever their current perceived problem is, drastically changes the PvE game, where no problem even existed. PvE and PVP are completely different, different gear, different skills, different play style, different challenges. Either just make the game PvP centric or stop breaking PvE to fix what perceived issue exist in PvP.

its not our fault the devs are too stupid to realize that pve and pvp needs to be seperate
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    krim wrote: »

You are forgetting bows in 1.5, it was very much elder bows online. The bandwagon against staves and light armor in 1.5 and the stigma it got of being the only viable way to play is crazy.

Oh yes, I recall the glorious days of Elder Snipes Online - wasn't that around 1.4 or something?

The stigma attached to ESO during those days wasn't entirely undeserved - lots of players and entire guilds quit the game because they felt railroaded into light armor magicka build but wanted to play some kind of warrior. There were certainly some damn good stam players in PVP back then, like yourself! But most had a pretty tough time until 1.6
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    @IcyDeadPeople and is ur definition of viable ganking from stealth in the middle of a zerg..... or actually playing solo or small scale where ur skillful intuition and reaction time actually matters lol

No, these days if you really want to be tanky, you can build for that with any of the four classes. Don't know yet if that will be true for Morrowind patch.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on April 25, 2017 8:54PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thieves guild? Just with stam ultimates and how stam sorc/magdk are now(Also NB had purge I believe o:) ). Sharpened wasn't OP at that time I don't think..Or it was at that patch. Anyways it felt good at that time, this game has always favored magic users generally. As a stamina main I understand it and don't mind unless it gets ridiculous(now). Just hope they want Morrowind to strive and within these several weeks make the right* tweaks.
    The Flyers
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you're not a doctor of coroner.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative

PvE is a LOT easier to balance, and here's why:

In PvP, players will use sets and complex combination of moves, skill, thought process, playstyle, etc... Switching something in PvP (like nerfing or buffing skills/sets) have a massive effect on the overall playstyle in PvP. Example: the change to heavy armor and CP made everyone really tanky and have infinite sustain, in PvP you can only fix that reverting thouse changes or increasing the overall damage, which again, will have some other effect on PvP.

Balancing PvE is a lot easier, just balance the mobs and bosses accordingly. Are people not dying 'cause tankyness is too high? Make mobs hit harder. Are people being able to get near infinite sustain? Sure, give mobs more health so it takes longer from them to die and burn your resources more.

Final point: You can't balance players, but you can balance mobs. PvE should hardly be able to mention so called 'balance' apart from mobs.

Make changes to PvP, and make dungeons/trials behave accordingly.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    WTB vertical Ferocious Leap and toggleable siphon strikes QQ

On a positive note, Star Citizen beta in June and Camelot Unchained looking good for summer as well.
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HONESTLY the most enjoyable patch for anyone was either 1.3, 1.5, and or 1.6.

hahaha nope

edit:
    Zos your game is dieing

even bigger nope
    Edited by Grimlok_S on April 25, 2017 5:48PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On a positive note, Star Citizen beta in June and Camelot Unchained looking good for summer as well.

Don't tease like that. CU is looking good for 3-4 summers from now.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Don't tease like that. CU is looking good for 3-4 summers from now.

Mark said beta in 2017, one way or another.

How long it's in beta is another question. :)
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Lord, people have been saying "ESO IS DYING" since the summer of 2014. Guess what? It is almost the Summer of 2017 and it's still around.
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Lord, people have been saying "ESO IS DYING" since the summer of 2014. Guess what? It is almost the Summer of 2017 and it's still around.

Perhaps dying is the wrong word, but PvP in eso is in TERRIBLE shape. On PS4 NA alone the game has lost enough regular PvPers over the last year to the point that ZOS has closed 3-4 campaigns. A year before that, right before IC dropped, we had triple poplocks on two servers for literally +12 hours a day with plenty others sporting at least 2 for prime time. That may not be dying, but it is certainly the opposite of "thriving" or "fine."
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes please, those were the best days!
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvE definitely has problems. there is less than a handful of challenging PvE content. I would say PvE has more problems than PvP. PvE has been broken since 1T
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you not remember how many players eso used to have?. what we have now is a fraction of that.
    Invictus
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While the game as a whole is in much better shape than in the past I suspect that if ZOS published PvP playerbase as a function of time it will be negative sloped since launch, with a slight spike at the 1.6 launch.
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snapshot point of view

I have a small guild I created from day one, and it has 13 people in it. Sadly only 4 people still log in.
    Edited by Esgameplaya1 on April 26, 2017 1:04AM
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 and 1.6 had different mechanics though. Would be nice to have 1.5 back with a few bug fixes as I've always said. Was a nice meta with good counterplay, and stam was viable for solo play and possibly even group play just no one tried it. If it wasn't, then the route to take was just to try and make it viable not rework the entire system removing counterplay and mechanics that made the game interesting. Knowledge of the game is an advantage over other players, but that should be encouraged. I don't understand the idea behind systematically removing the need to know how to play the game in order to get things done. You can call it casual friendly but I call it player unfriendly. The further players progress in this game they become disenchanted with a game they once really enjoyed. At least in PvP I know this to be the case for pretty much everyone that I know. You spend time trying to become a better player only to see your effort mean nothing because ZOS is molding the game in a way that you can have an amount of success without knowing what you're doing at all.
    Ishammael wrote: »

While the game as a whole is in much better shape than in the past I suspect that if ZOS published PvP playerbase as a function of time it will be negative sloped since launch, with a slight spike at the 1.6 launch.

It would be a steady decrease after the first campaign ended, with a sharp drop from launch to end of fist campaign.

There used to be entire 500 player full guilds that were super active queueing their entire guilds into campaigns. Playing with Alacrity on Hopesfire there was an EP guild that did this (I can't remember how to spell their guild name only say it it was some irish/celtish word). The fights would be fairly balanced and then on certain days of the week at certain times they would log on and take the whole map while we defended as best we could. We became good enough at it that it frustrated them to the point where their guild, despite winning through overwhelming numbers, quit the game. What people wanted from this game: a game where you can randomly smash buttons and have things work out for you... What the game at the start actually was: finding the correct setup, playstyle, and skills to use and when to use them. And that was a really fun game. It's a shame that a large part of the community quit the game once they found out you had to actually know what you were doing in order to become useful and not get farmed for hours and hours. It happens in every pvp game though. People don't want to play games they aren't good at usually.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaigns are pop-locked during primetime, but sure, the game is dying.
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    Just bring back the soft cap and trash the cp system.

ZOS wasted too much time on CP system only to make the game worse.
    Aknight
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Star Citizen <3
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akgurd wrote: »
    Just bring back the soft cap and trash the cp system.

ZOS wasted too much time on CP system only to make the game worse.

^^^ I would be happy with this, too!
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT Opinons and salt.

Please keep making the sky is falling threads. /s
    Suggestions based on previous patch nostalgia and your narrow perception of what is going on in the game, are going to continually be ignored by the devs because quite frankly they are a waste of time. If you want real effective change to the balance and combat state of the game, put in the work to mathematically prove that there is a better way or stop clogging the information stream with incessant mewling about things you have only a rudimentary understanding of. I'm not sayin i have all the answers. All I know is that the 500th call to action thread and the 1rst have at least one thing in common and that is that they are coming from a biased under informed source (a salty player) without any fact or logic based backing.
    Edited by sharquez on April 27, 2017 6:43PM
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Star Citizen had to go back and re make the engine after the 2016 birthday show . You sure there's a beta this year ?
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Star Citizen had to go back and re make the engine after the 2016 birthday show . You sure there's a beta this year ?

Yes. I believe the persistent universe beta (or alpha?) starts in june.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)