The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf pounce and morphs; Tanking?

DocFrost72
DocFrost72
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@Wrobel

Just a matter of clarification, does the werewolf ability "pounce" and its morphs count as a "charge" ability? What sparked this was @ZOS_GinaBruno 's patch notes update today:

"World
Werewolf
Pounce: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not applying the charge snare to the target enemy."

I had previously tested werewolf tanking (an incredibly niche, mostly fun only build truthfully) with the tormentor set, whose five piece states that

"When you deal damage with a Charge ability, you gain 3642 Physical and Spell Resistance and taunt the enemy to attack you for 15 seconds"

As a matter of continuity, is there a specific reason why when I tested the werewolf pounce ability (extensively), it did not taunt? If intended, could you spare just a moment to explain why? If bugged, recognition that it'll be on the plate of things to fix eventually?

Thanks y'all!

Sincerely, a hopeful 9' tall puppy werewolf tank.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What server are you on, I can't see sigs on mobile
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    What server are you on, I can't see sigs on mobile

@max_only PC NA
    Options
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have tested this as well as the NB gap closer. With neither taunting. I still have yet to test Templar charge but i presume it will work.

I believe the reasoning is that "charge" abilities are ones that actually move you across the ground (shield charge, crit charge, templar charge) and not jump over it or teleport past it(ww leap, dk leap, nb teleport). Either that or "charge" has to be in the name of the base skill.
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too have tested this as well as the NB gap closer. With neither taunting. I still have yet to test Templar charge but i presume it will work.

I believe the reasoning is that "charge" abilities are ones that actually move you across the ground (shield charge, crit charge, templar charge) and not jump over it or teleport past it(ww leap, dk leap, nb teleport). Either that or "charge" has to be in the name of the base skill.

Which is strange to me, as I understood the NB skill not working (it is a teleport, not a charge). How you can test that: Have a friend root you. You cannot gap close with crit rush or shield charge when snared, nor pounce, BUT you can use the NB ability and its morphs, as they are not 'charges'.

I never tested that theory with DK leap, but heard it would not activate if snared...did they remove it? Would be interesting if so.

As for the WW pounce, it does fail if you are rooted, and it does apply a 'charge snare'. Just the wording has me all confuzzled, and admittedly I am a bit hopeful. IF you do test the templar charge ability, please let me know how it functions!
    Options
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Which is strange to me, as I understood the NB skill not working (it is a teleport, not a charge). How you can test that: Have a friend root you. You cannot gap close with crit rush or shield charge when snared, nor pounce, BUT you can use the NB ability and its morphs, as they are not 'charges'.

I never tested that theory with DK leap, but heard it would not activate if snared...did they remove it? Would be interesting if so.

As for the WW pounce, it does fail if you are rooted, and it does apply a 'charge snare'. Just the wording has me all confuzzled, and admittedly I am a bit hopeful. IF you do test the templar charge ability, please let me know how it functions!

I did some minor testing with templar charge. Was limited for time so only used base ability and the aoe morph and wasnt able to get someone to grab mobs initial attention, but hopefully my buff tracker(lui extended atm) wasnt wrong with me getting the armour buff and the mobs the taunt debuff

The templar charge does trigger tormenter set. As far as LUI could tell the aoe on impact morph did not put the taunt on multiple enemies it seems. Only the targetted enemy got taunted. Which throws my hope for a templar tanking build with aoe taunt out the window.

Thinking about it since i have the set i will probably test the worse morph of DK chains and silver chain. As well as retest DK leap and WW on the PTS incase the charge snare fix makes a difference
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WW leap and Ambush are "teleports" and thus will not proc tormentor.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get Pounce to work at all.
    I don't know if I'm too close to the enemy to be able to use it, or if I'm just not targeting the enemy well enough, or what. All my other spells and abilities target the mobs just fine.
    PC/NA server

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 25, 2017 6:50AM
    Options
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    take my bump, because niche werewolf tanking would be fun.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a tank who just so happens to also be a werewolf, please no.

To elaborate, I'm tired of light bow spammers popping werewolf in vet dungeons, if they add the taunt that just makes my life harder... if there was a way for werewolf to passively benefit tanks, I'd love it. As it is, keeping the ult on my bar for the 12% stam regent seems like a waste now, but might be necessary come the update.
    Edited by max_only on April 29, 2017 6:21PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    As a tank who just so happens to also be a werewolf, please no.

To elaborate, I'm tired of light bow spammers popping werewolf in vet dungeons, if they add the taunt that just makes my life harder... if there was a way for werewolf to passively benefit tanks, I'd love it. As it is, keeping the ult on my bar for the 12% stam regent seems like a waste now, but might be necessary come the update.

I don't suggest a werewolf ability to taunt for the exact reason you specify. I'd MUCH rather have the set that applies taunt work with the werewolf ability. You don't exactly put on 5 pieces of heavy by accident, as a DPS (in pve).
    Options