The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing in the PvP - WTF?

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, it was a looooooooooooooong break from the game for me and today I've decided to go in Cyro at my 42 lvl Templar-healer in "under 50" campaign for sure
What have I seen? A bullscrap. My HOT went down to 500 per tick instead of 1,5k+. Any another heals has the same decrease.
WTF? Are you gone mad?
In the same time, we have met with literally unkillable players of similar lvl, what has never went down more than to 70% HP (against 5 players!!!!!) and has infinite skills spam. One of them was DK with Bow and 2h. But not only that class or spec.
Are you gone mad with this?
Yes I can understand that spending a lot of time on collecting items must gave you advance, but not SO huge?! Where 5 players can't even scratch one enemy! Where one enemy can kill specially specced into heal player in 3 (three!) skills in one stunlock!
Are you gone mad with this?

The game with different mechanics for PVE and PVP (massive PVP I mean, not lol-BGs) were worst games I've ever seen. What the F was a reason to decrease healing so much? Oh and funny question - does it apply to leech-heal too? guess not.

How about just not add to the game Godlike sets instead of nerfing something, that can counter this crap?
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can 5 people with bare hands do to a person with a sword?
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really not funny to die in 3 skills while staying in your own cleansing ritual, with Rapid regen HOT and under Combat Prayer, and still being unable to heal only yourself even with Breath of Life. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being fun.
    Edited by SilverWF on April 24, 2017 10:43PM
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to break free from stun and use healing grps ward when low health?
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Did you try to break free from stun and use healing grps ward when low health?
    It was a long fight - sure only 5 players tried to kill one godlike - so I was without stam already to do that. Yeah, he used CC on me before, there is stupidly high amount of CC in the game. While my Shards does not effect on him - sure, CC from peasants does not affect gods, yeah.
    Healing what?
    Edited by SilverWF on April 24, 2017 10:52PM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    It's really not funny to die in 3 skills while staying in your own cleansing ritual, with Rapid regen HOT and under Combat Prayer, and still being unable to heal only yourself even with Breath of Life. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from being fun.

Pvp is all about avoiding/mitigating damage. The usual ways of doing this are dodge chance (active or passive), wards, armour, blocking, and armour/skill buffs (eg major protection). Magplars usually use heavy armour and a sword and board as they have no mobility (sorcs can streak, NBs cloak etc). As heals from resto skill line go the only one worth using as a self heal imo is healing ward. Combat prayer is mostly just uselful for minor beserk, and rapid regen is only worth it as a supplementary group hot if you can squeeze it on your bar. Templars have access to major mending (until next patch), are you using that? I think you get it from your rune, so you should be casting that as part of your rotation, but mostly you should probably be blocking with s&b at near resistance cap and then BoL when you get scared. That is how I've observed templars pvping.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on April 24, 2017 11:26PM
    PC | EU
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Templars have access to major mending (until next patch), are you using that?

Yes, I've said about that
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are people in the Non-Vet campaign who fully take advantage of the battle leveling, putting them head, shoulders, and torso over an under-geared, unexperienced player, or even groups of said players.

I wouldn't complain about healing on Templar, its insanely strong in all settings. Honestly, I don't want to say "L2P," but spend some time leveling, researching builds, and finding players to play with in a coordinated way before you QQ on the forums. I'd try and get leveled, geared, and maybe try the non-CP campaign before you make rash assumptions.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a templar I'm playing in Blackwater blade that is level 41 now and am enjoying quite a bit. I play a little more tanky style than most but it is effective in groups (not quite as much solo - i can win 1v1 and 1v2 but beyond that gets overwhelming).

5 Kagrenac's Hope and 2 Magnus on Body, overall wearing 5 heavy and 2 light (light pieces on waist and hands). Magnus destro staff on front bar and Magnus sword and shield on back bar.

I'm also using 3 pieces of queen's elegance jewelry that are all 30-something level enchanted with spell damage enchants. These drop from dolmens and can take a little time to acquire.

Destro Bar:
    Puncturing Sweeps (morph of puncturing strikes, 1st aedric spear ability)
    Explosive Charge (morph of focused charge, 3rd aedric spear ability)
    Reflective Light (morph of sun fire, 1st dawn's wrath ability)
    Dark Flare (morph of solar flare, 2nd dawn's wrath ability)
    Crushing Shock (morph of force shock, 1st destro staff ability -- to be replaced by radiant destruction when unlocked)
    Empowering Sweep ultimate (morph of radial sweep, aedric spear ultimate)

Sword and Shield Bar:
    Elusive Mist (morph of mist form, 2nd vampire ability)
    Extended Ritual (morph of cleansing ritual, 4th restoring light ability)
    Aurora Javelin (morph of piercing javelin, 2nd aedric spear ability)
    Breath of Life (morph of rushed ceremony, 1st restoring light ability)
    Radiant Aura (morph of restoring aura, 3rd restoring light ability -- to be replaced by rune focus when unlocked)
    Devouring Swarm ultimate (morph of bat swarm, vampire ultimate)

Other skills to consider: Harness Magicka (light armor skill, gives you a shield), Structured Entropy (mages guild 2nd skill, gives extra health, major sorcery buff), Absorb Magicka (Sword and Shield 3rd skill, 1st projectile heals you), Rite of Passage (Restoring Aura ultimate).

Hope that helps. Also remember that your healing done is cut in half in PVP due to Battle Spirit.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sub-cp160, the level of gear you are wearing makes a huge difference.
    To be competitive in pvp you need a build and it needs to be at your level.
    Unfortunately there are people who keep sets of golded gear at every 5 levels and only play in bwb having fun crushing newbs. I suspect because they struggle vs equally geared players.
    There are also experienced pvpers just levelling ALTs through bwb who know about these twinkers and so make sure that they are geared well enough to compete.

Destroys it for the real new players trying out PvP IMHO.

Edited by Biro123 on April 25, 2017 7:26AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burst damage exists to kill a player fast. You need to look closer at your situation and learn reactive counters. I can understand your frustration but don't give up talk with other healers talk with other groups learn counter moves. My advice is do not rely on HOT heals they are not viable against burst DPS in small numbers. Stuns and CC's have so many counters I really don't think I need to list them but if you are a small group healer get immovable on your bar and use it.
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    Lol people complaining about healing in pvp. The healing is fine.
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BwB LOL There are people in this who just play this Campaign who have Golded out weapons for every 5 levels and purple min/maxed gear.......enjoy
  • squidprojectb14_ESO
    BwB LOL There are people in this who just play this Campaign who have Golded out weapons for every 5 levels and purple min/maxed gear.......enjoy

You might actually have more fun in Azura's Star. The levelling makes lowbies pretty OP there, unlike BWB where players just re-roll their characters when they level out, and thus are able to have gold sets at every 10 levels. When I level characters in Azura's, I feel like I actually get less powerful as I advance. Which is fine because it helps me adjust to the learning curve of the new build.
    --Ral (SquidProject)

Pls. no Swareing GM (RIP--there was too much swareing)

AD: Ralastor, Magblade; Squid Pro Quo; Stamsorc
    EP: High Blood Sugar; Stamsorc
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing in PvP is OP and so can you. Consult Kartalin's above post for great win.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    changes were necessary (and will probably even become more dramatic in the future), because when playing effectively, you could/can become nearly immortal to 1 or a few players (and lots of bad players). sure, many builds make sacrifices for that but imagine it the other way round:

if someone casted selfbuffs and hots und would do nothing meaningful, shouldn't he die to you going for damage? if someone only casted defensive skills (in the most extreme example only selfbuffs and spamming a single skill, like BoL/HtD), should he really be immortal forever? how is that fun?

next patch will not change what you experience but in addition, you will be out of resources quickly. sure, probably not much fun for less experienced players like you, but with more experience you can fix those problems. on the other hand, if experienced players have tools to become "godly", there is little to do about that. taking away their tools would be another possibility but would you really enjoy a game where it didin't really matter how well you played?
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with BwB specifically is that some people go the extra mile and get min maxed gear for every few levels, and the effects of that gear are amplified by the really strong battle levelling system. A lot of people (new players specifically) can't afford to, can't be arsed to, or don't even know how to go that extra mile in terms of gear so they don't, but the people that do have an insane advantage.

Campaign really went downhill with the Orsinium update, which made gear way too important. Before that update, everyone had more or less the same stats (before CP modifiers and passive +% bonuses) which was a far healthier environment for new players.

You don't have this problem in vet campaigns where there's an universal gear standard - CP160 - that everyone has easy access to.
    Edited by Valencer on April 26, 2017 11:24AM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    running another alt thru BWB recently with a non meta RP woodelf magblade build with gear 10 levels behind most times.
    I was just amazed to find some people running exotic sets, gold gears, and dropping meteors, soul strikes, and destro staff ults .... in BWB!!!

It's still the more "balanced" PVP, but why do some players feel the need to epeen so hard? No doubt it helps them to substantiate their delusions about their incredible playing skills.

Don't ruin BWB with this crap. It was the most fun when you could literally run around naked because the leveling system pretty much made no differences.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on April 26, 2017 12:01PM
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Templars.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand you being distressed about having a bad PVP-experience, but there are several points you should consider:

- You say yourself you were out of the game for a looooong time, so you are - no insult - out of training, probably not up-to date with skills and gears, possibly even out of your cps and your old mundus, depending how long you were away (both were reset some long months ago)

- While some skills have been changed over the last months, healing in general was not massively nerfed. So if you experience a 66% loss of your former healing skills, something was utterly wrong with you, not with the game. Maybe you wore some scrambled armor, maybe you forgot your food, maybe you just misremember your former powress. (I actually find it difficult to imagine loosing 66% healing power even running around unfed and naked.)

- You said you were playing in BWB, but battling a lvl45 player there doesn't mean he can't have 600 cps backing him if he has other fully leveled chars. You won't see his cps because he's listed as lvl 45 and cps only show once you hit lvl 50 with a new char, but cps count from level 1 if you have them.

- Besides cps, there are skills and gears that a good player can utilize even in BWB to turn his character into a so-called cancer-build - making him pretty much unkillable while still being deadly for his enemies. Much of the whining and crying you see on the forum atm is about the changes Zenimax is preparing for the next patch to put an end to such builds.
    Edited by visionality on April 27, 2017 10:44AM