Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forgot answer to secret question. Really need help.

HorseradishWalrus
HorseradishWalrus
Soul Shriven
Hello. Today, faced with the problem. Wanted to change the user name, but it took the answer to the secret question. This answer I can't remember... Already tried everything... Please help to clear this question. Thank you!
P.S. Support sent me an auto-reply which did not help me. Reference Number 170424-002008.
  • HorseradishWalrus
    HorseradishWalrus
    Soul Shriven
    Reference Number 170424-002110
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reference Number 170424-002110
    Do your friends call you "Horse" or "Wally"? :smile:

You probably must wait for instructions from Customer Support. If I recall correctly, you cannot change the answer to the Secret Question unless you already know the current answer. Anyone can learn your User Name, and someone who has the software might be able to crack your password. But they couldn't make any changes to your User Name without knowing the answer to the Secret Question. (Also, all players do not have the same Question.)

But you might try this anyway:
    • Log-in to your account with your current User Name.
    • Access the secret question feature and change the answer to another one instead (write it down somewhere you won't forget).
    • Log-out of your account.
    After logging-in to your account again with your current User Name, you should be able to change it.

But before you do that, if I were you I would empty the e-mail inbox of all messages, and log-out of your character and log-in again to the same character just to be sure that there aren't any pending ones. Also delete all Notifications. You might have to re-apply for membership in the guilds of which you are a member. If that is the case, then anything you currently have for sale in the Guild Store(s) will be canceled and returned to you via e-mail.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi