The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag Dk ideas when morrowind drop

Vanzeii
Vanzeii
✭✭
So with us knowing that constitution is gettting a nerf and now regen also getting a slight nerf, what are your guys ideas for cp, sets? Currently I'm trying to think of a build that uses heavy attacks for resources since battle roar is also getting nerfed. I know some people that are going to use a fire/lightning heavy attack builds so what are you guys going to use?
Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
Characters
jxjx- dunmer dragon knight lvl 50
sexiperson- breton templar lvl 50
vextrax- nord nightblade lvl 29
tehsorc- high elf sorc lvl 50
Trying to get recognized for being the worst PvPer on xbox.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK where to even start. Heavy attack gank build, sure, even builds for zerg-balling... but solo/small group open world? Not a clue.
  • Vanzeii
    Vanzeii
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    IDK where to even start. Heavy attack gank build, sure, even builds for zerg-balling... but solo/small group open world? Not a clue.

Yeah, currently I have been having some difficulties think up of how my playstyle will change. I am going to dedicate some of my time playing without some of the passives and without cp to start. I know I should be able to go somewhere after that.
    Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
    Characters
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert rose, shacklebreaker, frost staff, tramorscale perma block magica dk pvp tank with a bite
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzeii wrote: »

Yeah, currently I have been having some difficulties think up of how my playstyle will change. I am going to dedicate some of my time playing without some of the passives and without cp to start. I know I should be able to go somewhere after that.

Without CP isn't too rough; my no-CP build is reasonably balanced (since Homestead) with other classes that also have no CP. It's the other DK sustain nerfs... idk how you have up for that much loss sustain comparative to other classes and still come up with a build that can survive AND kill, and other classes still can.

I'm not going to spend too much skull sweat on it until we get closer to final results. Completely reversing the Battle Roar nerf for example. Well I can hope.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna swap to light armor with damage shields.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably reroll to something else? I can't really think of how to make magic DK work in the coming patch without being miles behind magic sorc.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Vanzeii
    Vanzeii
    ✭✭
    Probably reroll to something else? I can't really think of how to make magic DK work in the coming patch without being miles behind magic sorc.

@arkansas_ESO I already have a mag sorc just in case
    Xbox-NA [Il Halo lI]
    Characters
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert rose, shacklebreaker, frost staff, tramorscale perma block magica dk pvp tank with a bite

Your not going to blocking anything out there with the .25 blocking mechanic lol... 4 block costs per minute....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Allu07neb18_ESO
    5light/1m/1h is way to go. 2sustain sets. amber plasm, bloodthorn, syrabane, desert rose or alteration mastery. and ofc bloodspawn. 1h/s +resto
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5light/1m/1h is way to go. 2sustain sets. amber plasm, bloodthorn, syrabane, desert rose or alteration mastery. and ofc bloodspawn. 1h/s +resto

how do you plan to kill even a deer with that setup?

In reply to the original question. Damage shields and LA basically
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Allu07neb18_ESO
    i tested amber plasm +syrabane live and that worked well to me all glyphs spell dmg. and i always play solo or group under six.
  • infernomorgothb14_ESO
    The DK class is in a rough spot IMO, I play a magicka dragonknight and find I have no burst dps. But tend to have good aoe and dot dps. But it means I have to switch between two bars/staffs rapidly and fire off a ton of stuff in succession while being a bit squishy in light armor for sustain. I tend to do fairly well but once I start taking a lot of aggro and hits I go down pretty fast. Granted I run a julianos staff, willpower jewelry etc. I'm pretty new and don't have any good stuff yet. I tend to have 17k health and 23k+ magicka without any potions or food going. I use structured entropy instead of burning embers because I prefer to keep distance from enemies and like the extra health. If I do solo pvp I have to completely re arrange everything.

I always pass by people in dungeons taking down huge mobs with ease, whereas I have to have a lot more focus to make things work right. Sometimes I wonder if its the enemies scaling to match me or if this class is just bad right now.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I plan on quitting solo open world pvp and just going to Zerg bc build does not matter and that's wat ZoS wants us to do
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 alteration (finally reduces all costs now)
    5 seducer (heavy)
    2 monster of your liking

Hope it´s enough to be able to enchant dmg.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    5 alteration (finally reduces all costs now)
    5 seducer (heavy)
    2 monster of your liking

Hope it´s enough to be able to enchant dmg.

Lmao this guy stole my words
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5pc BSW, 5pc Heavy Seducer, 1choke, 1Shadowrend.
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loicozor wrote: »
    Crafting

:trollface: Nice one lol
    EU | PC
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can easily kill people whill using two sustain sets because talon spam is going DESTROY stamina for every character in battlegrounds. No stamina, means no block, means no break free.

Run 2 resource sets, and be the annoying talon fossilize spamming nightmare everyone knows magdk to be. Play to their strength. Their strength is not burst, it is CC and support. Amberplasm, lich, blackrose, alteration mastery, seducer are just a few sets that will be awesome on magdk.

Go test some things in non-cp campaign to get a feel what battlegrounds will be similar to. Magdk will be seriously strong in battlegrounds. Just wait til someone trying to capture a point in domination gets talons three times, then fossilze, then talons.... then fossilize.... talons... talons.... TALONS! THEN TALONS THEN WTF TALONS THEN OMFGWTF TALONS AGAIN?! .... AHHHHHHH WTFFFF OMFGGGGG TALONS! Then they leave the battleground and rage quit.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next patch roots have a 2 second cooldown after a dodge, so someone mindlessly talon spamming is going to be out of magicka very fast, sustain sets or no. Talons are way more expensive than roll dodge, and if you roll in the right direction one time you are out of talons range anyway.

I've done the hold-people-down-so-other-people-can-kill-them DK. It's pretty boring and a total Xv1 build, and if a group needs a dedicated talon spammer to kill someone 4v1, they honestly suck.

I've mag DK'd in no CP a lot. On DK it does not feel at all like the resource sledgehammer that the new patch and battlegrounds are. Templar and sorc, yes, they feel similar.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As the game is right now, a heavy attack gank build can be used for "normal" solo open world PvP too. With Harness Magicka, Healing Ward and the Restoration ultimate for defense, you can easily take on and win against 3 potatoes, and sometimes more. I'm not even really that good either, so it makes me wonder what someone who is could do.

As long as you can still cast Harness Magicka and Healing Ward (which I don't think will be a problem), you can still make a powerful Dragonknight. I can see how the playstyle doesn't appeal to everybody though.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Your not going to blocking anything out there with the .25 blocking mechanic lol... 4 block costs per minute....

Unless they change the stuff before launch it tested very well in PTS.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tests well in PVE maybe but with rapid strikes or bitting jabs forget that you even have a stamina pool......
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rattlecage, grothdar and Amberplasm. 1h/Shield and Resto.
    Gonna try that anyway.
    Edited by bg22 on April 30, 2017 3:36PM
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

how do you plan to kill even a deer with that setup?

In reply to the original question. Damage shields and LA basically

Deer are banned from PvP bro..You know that..
    :open_mouth:

Lol so will there be more or less mdks going extinct during morrowind than the 1.5-1.6 nerf era?
    I'm sure there are many viable mdk setups next patch but prolly gonna have to focus on more of support role based on the team I guess.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Staying with my samesetup 5 bsw, 5 seducer. I mix and match monster sets for fun.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Staying with my samesetup 5 bsw, 5 seducer. I mix and match monster sets for fun.

GL running sword and shield on a mdk next patch and I mean that not being mean
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run it in no-CP... so I'm failing to see the issue?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »

Because armor sustain has also been nerfed -- heavy has been nerfed the hardest -- and mDKs are functionally losing about half of our Battle Roar sustain. With heavy, we'll have to invest so much into regen and cost reduction we'll be at base spell cost and not be able to kill anything.

Light armor + S&B maybe; heavy + S&B? Very doubtful. Get on PTS and try it out.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »

Because armor sustain has also been nerfed -- heavy has been nerfed the hardest -- and mDKs are functionally losing about half of our Battle Roar sustain. With heavy, we'll have to invest so much into regen and cost reduction we'll be at base spell cost and not be able to kill anything.

Light armor + S&B maybe; heavy + S&B? Very doubtful. Get on PTS and try it out.

I already run 5 light 2 heavy.