The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change Battle Spirit to Lower Sustain vs. implementing the PTS changes?

Celas_Dranacea
Celas_Dranacea
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a quick thought - PVE players are up in arms about the sustain changes - what if instead of the current PTS changes ZOS just added a big nerf to regen to battle spirit? Wouldn't that do the trick?
A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    You are assuming the changes are due to pvp. I think the devs have looked at the numbers and see the power creep for what it is, making all characters more powerful then they want. It isn't just pvp that is causing this change, so they are changing the game for all.

edit: when I say "you" I mean the pve ppl who blame pvp for every change that happens.
    Edited by Meetre on April 23, 2017 9:29PM
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meetre wrote: »
    You are assuming the changes are due to pvp. I think the devs have looked at the numbers and see the power creep for what it is, making all characters more powerful then they want. It isn't just pvp that is causing this change, so they are changing the game for all.

edit: when I say "you" I mean the pve ppl who blame pvp for every change that happens.

I just don't get why they don't delete CPs already. They added them as progression past level 65 (cp160) but in reality they don't want this progression anymore because it's too strong.
  • Aeerol
    Aeerol
    ✭✭✭
    The whole battle spirit thing makes a good point. They say over and over that they do not want to separate pvp from pve. Yet why not just insert all necessary changes to the pvp world into battle spirit that already exists. Things such as sustain, damage, etc. I still believe sustain is too much in pve as well but keeping pve and pvp together will not fix the problem as many have stated before I.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meetre wrote: »

Much of the patch notes was meant to combat both PvP/pve. But sustain changes started in PvP and tricked down to PVE; basically they don't want a game where you'll forever use abilities aimlessly.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    The Cp system need a changing so it doesn't just give % increases to damage/sustain/damage taken ect.

Needs to be made more unique, there are endless ways for it to benifit every build without just straight ruining the game.