The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do players deserve a free character class change because of warden?

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    No, why would they?

^
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe we are entitled to a free class change. A free character slot definitely. New expansion should include the space for a new character. You shouldn't expect the expense of a new DLC to force another purchase to enjoy it. Decent folk shouldn't, at least.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want an ability to change an existing character to warden class?

Me personally, no. I have 12 characters already and a low level one (lvl14 mDK) will be making way for a Warden. I also don't particularly like the look of the Warden play style/skill set but I like the experience of leveling new characters......having new content to do this is what I'm looking forward to, even though my main might venture there first.

I don't plan on buying any more slots, although a new mule to catch all the stuff falling out of my crafting bag might be useful.

I'm not against class change tokens in the cash shop, they would no doubt make plenty of cash from players changing from one flavour of the month to the next.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id sooner quit the game then class change because my class is being nerf hammered too much
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galwylin wrote: »
    I don't believe we are entitled to a free class change. A free character slot definitely. New expansion should include the space for a new character. You shouldn't expect the expense of a new DLC to force another purchase to enjoy it. Decent folk shouldn't, at least.

I disagree, for the same reason as a class change :smile: We are not entitled to anything of the kind
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this kind of just opens the can of worms that is class change in general.

Warden isnt OP. I never bought into that and from what im hearing, its just the best support class i nthe game. Off Tank, Off Healer, Off DPS (mainly AoE) so youre going to find that you blew your free class change on a class that is mediocre at everything

With that being said, I think it would be fine to introduce a class changer. people invest a lot of time in their characters and since achievements arent account bound, i think it would be a good idea to introduce a class change. The Eights know ZOS would make their money back from people class changing to warden.

sweeten the deal and make a class change have a character re-customization packaged in.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grind it up you lazy people
  • Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    Just for you to know, changing class isn't possible nor available in 99% of RPGs' games (and MMOs' aswell).

Changing appearance, you can, but changing the class, you simply cannot do that.
    It's the main part of your character, let me explain : IRL you can change your face, your clothes and whatever, but you can't change your brain (please scientists, we won't discuss about that point).

It's exactly the same IG, you can't change all your primary skills, and everything on your character. I don't know how to explain, hope you understood ^^
    Edited by Lord Valar on April 25, 2017 2:40PM
  • colig
    colig
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see why people would want it. If they want their 'main' character who has done every achievement to be the Warden that they wished they were at the launch of the game, then this utility comes in handy.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short answer, no.

Long answer, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(seriously though just level a new character, am I the odd girl out for actually enjoying leveling a character?)
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Short answer, no.

Long answer, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(seriously though just level a new character, am I the odd girl out for actually enjoying leveling a character?)

Yes you are the odd one. I have a wife, 2 kids, and a job. Ive played since release and added my 2nd charachter in october 2016. My main isnt a master crafter yet, and just recently reached undaunted level 10.

Do you think i want to spend 2 years leveling a warden to the same level? No

Btw i dont want a warden, id sooner class change one of my charachters to a sorc.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is free so no one deserves a free class change. Besides it doesn't exist and Zos has made it clear it will not happen.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck no. (Honestly, anything that starts "Do the players deserve..." is probably a no. Sooo much entitlement.)

Beyond the whole "why should it be easy to bounce to whichever FOTM it is now" thing.... why would they want to include a "skip all new content" option to any new expansion/DLC? And a new class is new content. What reason would you have for not wanting the leveling experience (even if only for the "gain experience with new class abilities" part).

Should they also include a "auto-complete all quests" option, for the people who don't care about the story and just want the skill points?

You're not. Leveling alts is part of the fun of MMOs. (Just grinding a single character at "endgame"? So boring!)
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No game has, or will ever give you a free class change to the new class that is being released. So no it won't happen and it shouldn't happen.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we do.

If warden was available at launch, I would of made one. But since it wasn't, I think giving everyone 1 free class change is advisable in this situation.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭
    "DESERVE"

L O L
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerer > Warden... now why would I?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never played any other MMO where so many people were so fixated on getting stuff for free.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What they should do is give whoever buys the expansion no matter if its pre order or after release 1 free slot and the other slot you have to pay for.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    A free extra character slot, yes. A class change? No.

Definitely would like a free character slot. :disappointed:
    Don't need a class change.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus