The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How do you get a werewolf bite without buying the quest line from the crown store?

DearestAutumn
I been trying to help a friend get a werewolf bite without having to spend any money in the crown store, is there not another way to get a bite?
Edited by DearestAutumn on April 23, 2017 2:01AM

Best Answers

• paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if you're at a shrine in the rift or repears you have the werewolf transform and he should be able to press the synergy button and infect the person
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also find the NPC Werewolves when they spawn on a Full Moon. They spawn only in one zone in each faction. For instance they spawn in Bangkorai and The Rift ...can't remember the name of the other faction's spawn zone. Anyway, lots of people know when they spawn and the word spreads quickly so you have to get there fast. Some Players are real cool folks and kill the NPC Werewolves that can infect you so you won't get it. (That was sarcasm....I dislike those that go out of their way to kill the NPC Werewolves and Blood Fiends (Vamp infection)).

Many of us give away bites when they are up and if you want a bite one of the best ways is to go to a Werewolf Shrine and ask for a bite. There is one Werewolf Shrine and one Vampire Altar in each faction....same locations as listed above where they spawn.

Good luck!
    Edited by Trinity_Is_My_Name on April 23, 2017 2:12AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way I have found to get bitten by a NPC, works for both. Make sure you have access to all three zones. Bankori, The Rift, and Reaper's March. Make sure you have wayshrines unlocked before hand. The addon Destinations can help with spawn locations. Now just wait for night time in game. Go through each of the zone's spawn locations. I have always made at least two trips through each spawn location. If you don't find any, wait an hour or two and try again. I think there are 2 or 3 game days per 24 hour real time. So check in the morning, afternoon, and evening. If you do get infected in a zone other than you factions zone, you will need to go back to your factions zone to do the quest.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh...don't pay crowns, forget the NPCs. Once per week, human werewolf players can infect you with a bite. People are happy to assist. Go to the zone with the wold shrine, then put out a zone chat. "Looking for werewolf bite, much appreciated." Almost always someone will help out.

Reapers is probably the best bet, since the zone chat will hit Rawlkha. Offer a tip, but most people do it for free.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Have another werewolf bite you at a shrine!
    Options
  • DearestAutumn
    That is it? Well what a rip.
    Options
  • DearestAutumn
    Yeah, but it has to be another player right?
    Options
  • DearestAutumn
    How do you know when the full moon is?
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The easiest way to become werewolf or vampire is to get bitten by another player.
    But you can also get infected by certain npcs. Those npcs can be found in rift, reapers mark and bankorai. But don't ask me for their exact locations or respawn timers. I haven't used them for a long time because it's just so easy to get bitten by another player.
    Options
  • DearestAutumn
    Yeah I know my friend is a stick in the mud. He is just going to have to suckered it up I think.
    Options
  • DearestAutumn
    Thank everyone this was very helpful.
    Options
  • DearestAutumn
    I got my bite. Thanx to everyone who pitched in.
    Options