Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Warning about Dolgubon's master writ crafter. It can spend all your gold mats with a bug.

f047ys3v3n
f047ys3v3n
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I had a master writ for Epic magnus sabitons in assassins league. The writ crafter malfunctioned and continued to item improve after epic spending about 50k in tempering alloy to make the item legendary. It then proceeded to start making and improving a second pair. I stopped it before it continued to make useless gold sabitons thorough all of my tempering alloy which is what I have no doubt it would have done. Fortunately, I was only out 50k instead of the 2.1mil worth of mats which, given my stock, I would have been out had it been allowed to continue. This is my warning to you all. Turn off lazy writ crafter when doing equipment master writs. It cannot be trusted. It can malfunction and waste your gold mats.

As for my advice to the developer. For the most part the app is great. I use it every day on all my normal writs and had done probably 10 equipment master writs without issue. However, add a fail-safe, user has to click the ok button, check before ever using any gold mat. Small mistakes, like the screw up on this particular master writ, are just too costly to ever happen.
Edited by f047ys3v3n on April 23, 2017 7:22PM
I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you mean Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter as I can't find any similar addon named "Doblovs"? Good thing to know...I did a bunch of master writs today with it and there were 4 or 5 that it didn't automatically create and it seemed to create a wrong or extra glyph at some point.

You may wish to add a note on the add-ons comment page so the author can fix the issue.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Dolgubon's is the correct name. I have fixed the title. Thanks.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before Dolgubon added master writs to the addon, *I* made mistakes. Giving credit to Dolgubon, I believe the addon has saved numerous false crafts.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Before Dolgubon added master writs to the addon, *I* made mistakes. Giving credit to Dolgubon, I believe the addon has saved numerous false crafts.

Same. The only issue I have had is lately I have to turn it off or I can't start a master writ and then turn it on after I start it.

It sounds like this might be a bug in ZoS' code/API and not Dulgobon's add-on, but in any case the suggestion is solid.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep Dolgubon's is fantastic, saved me a lot of time for sure. I have never had any issue, but then I craft all master writs manually and use Dolgubon's only for general writs etc.
    Out of about 300 master writs I have only made 2 major stuff ups, once crafting the wrong style and wasting a potent nirn (not so bad since i sold the weapon for research) and once I over improved from epic to legendary...that one cost me ;(.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

Same. The only issue I have had is lately I have to turn it off or I can't start a master writ and then turn it on after I start it.

It sounds like this might be a bug in ZoS' code/API and not Dulgobon's add-on, but in any case the suggestion is solid.
    Try /reloadui . It seems that the first craft succeeds me always. Second or third MW may fail but succeeds after reloadui.
    Edited by helediron on April 28, 2017 7:39AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have made about 10 things for Master Writs using Lazy Writ Crafter and have not had an issue. In fact, it has kept me from making the wrong thing which I have done before I started using it for this.

I wonder if some other addon is causing a conflict or if your depositing the item you just made into the bank for some reason.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"