ZOS, My Free Gift to You (Detailed and Balanced Werewolf Toggle Morph)

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I had originally posted this 7 months ago, but would like to reintroduce the idea as we move onto Morrowind and beyond. More options for players can be wonderful, especially when they provide alternative ways to experience the game. I give Zenimax Online Studios permission to take, use, and own any and all of my ideas that are mentioned in this post.
Introduction

For a long time I have been seeing Werewolf-loving players on this forum ask for and discuss the idea of a Werewolf toggle. I have also spent a lot of time thinking about how a pure Werewolf toggle could be implemented into the game - without breaking balance or ruining the fun that comes with playing as a devotee of Hircine. After about a year of reading PTS notes and patch updates to try to get an idea about the constantly changing direction of the game, and spending a lot of time playing as a Werewolf, watching video, and reading feedback about Werewolf gameplay - as well as considering issues of balance, fun, and usefulness - I am finally ready to unveil a well-thought-out Werewolf toggle suggestion.

Below, I share the main idea for implementing a toggle morph and then give specific details about skills and passive changes. Some skills and passives do not change, while others receive changes that make a toggle with significantly reduced damage more useful. I hope you enjoy and find value in what you are about to read.

The Idea
  • Keep the "Berserker" morph as is, but change the "Pack Leader" morph into a toggle that works like the Nightblade's skill, "Leeching Strikes." A significant reduction in damage done in exchange for the option to spend infinite time in Werewolf form.
  • Make tweaks to specific Werewolf skills and passives that would allow for a support/tank Werwolf by inserting already existing mechanics into the skills - such as taunt, maim, etc. (full details seen below for each specific skill). This allows for utility/tank gameplay while in Werewolf form.
  • Passive abilities have added components that work specifically, and only, for the "Pack Leader," toggle morph. All passives remain the same for the "Berserker" morph.
Pack Leader Change

Pack Leader
Pack%20Leader.png
  • Transform into a beast, fearing up to 3 nearby enemies for 4 seconds. While transformed, your Light Attacks cause enemies to bleed for [x] Physical Damage over 8 seconds and your Physical and Spell Resistance are increased by 9966.
  • While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.
  • Summon 2 wolf companions for the duration of your transformation. If killed, they will return after 10 seconds.
  • This morph becomes a toggle and reduces weapon damage by 30%. Also summons 2 wolf companions to fight by your side.
Skill Changes

Feral Pounce
Feral%20Pounce.png
  • Pounce on an enemy with primal fury to deal [x] Physical Damage and immobilize enemies within 5 meters for 2 seconds.
  • Pouncing from at least 10 meters away adds 1 second to the duration of the immobilize.
  • Adds immobilize.

Hircine's Fortitude
hircines_fortitude.png
  • Invoke the Huntsman's blessing to heal yourself for [x] and an additional [y] over 8 seconds. Also grants Minor Vitality, increasing healing received by 8% for 8 seconds.
  • Adds heal over time effect and grants Minor Vitality.

Ferocious Roar
Ferocious%20Roar.png
  • Roar with bloodlust to terrify up to 3 nearby enemies, afflicting them with fear and reducing their movement speed by 20% for 4 seconds.
  • If an affected enemy is killed, enemies nearby are disoriented and set off balance for 2.5 seconds.
  • Reduces speed and killing feared targets leaves nearby allies off balance and disoriented.

Howl of Despair
howl_of_despair.png
  • Cry out to an enemy with a deafening howl, taunting them to attack you for 15 seconds.
  • Also afflicts enemy with Major Fracture and Major Breach, reducing Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by [y] for 12 seconds.
  • Taunts and applies Major Fracture and Major Breach to enemy.

Claws of Anguish
claws_of_anguish.png
  • Maul enemies in front of you with your tainted claws, dealing [x] Physical Damage and an additional [x] Disease Damage over 7 seconds.
  • Also afflicts enemies with Major Defile, reducing the effectiveness of healing on them by 30% for the effect's duration.
  • Targets effected receive less healing.
Additions to Passives (Pack Leader specific)

Pursuit (2 ranks) - Unchanged
Pursuit.png
  • WHILE IN WEREWOLF FORM
  • Increases Heavy Attack Stamina return by 50/100%.

Devour (1 rank)
Devour.png
  • WHILE IN PACK LEADER WEREWOLF FORM
  • Allows you to devour a corpse to add Minor Protection for 12 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 8%.

Blood Rage (2 ranks)
Blood%20Rage.png
  • Adds Minor Resolve, and Minor Ward for 3 seconds every time you take damage, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 1320. This effect can occur once every 5/3 seconds.

Blood Moon (1 rank) - Unchanged
Bloodmoon.png
  • Allows player to turn another player into a Werewolf once every 7 days by returning to the Werewolf ritual site.
  • Players infected with Vampirism cannot be turned.

Savage Strength (2 ranks)
Savage%20Strength.png
  • Reduces cost of blocking by 15/30%.

Call of the Pack (2 ranks)
Call%20of%20the%20Pack.png
  • Increases your stamina recovery by 1/2% depending on the number of players in your party, up to 4. Players do not have to be in Werewolf form.

Images Source: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/World+Skills