Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Race change questions???

G1zmo08
G1zmo08
Soul Shriven
I'm coming back from a long leave of abscence from the game and I'm considering changing race...

First question is do you still keep your werewolf/vampire after the change or does it reset?

And...

I'm thinking about changing to a Nord or Imperial for a DK Tank, any suggestions?

On average is the regen chance on an Imperial a greater gain than the reduction in damage the Nord has?

Any input or suggestions would be awesome and appreciated.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ww and vamp stay, you just change your race. Most people choose Imperials for tanks as the bonuses far outweigh any damage mitigation that Nords have
    Edited by LMar on April 22, 2017 1:27AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to change race once on the public test server, and it would only allow me to change into one of the other two races in my Alliance. It wouldn't let me change to a race not in my Alliance. You might want to check this out before you spend your money in the crown store. I even had the "any race - any Alliance" dlc from the crown store, but that seems to only work with new characters, not older ones you're changing.

I only experimented with it just the one time, and haven't tried it again, so maybe it's changed, or maybe I'm wrong.
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I tried to change race once on the public test server, and it would only allow me to change into one of the other two races in my Alliance. It wouldn't let me change to a race not in my Alliance. You might want to check this out before you spend your money in the crown store. I even had the "any race - any Alliance" dlc from the crown store, but that seems to only work with new characters, not older ones you're changing.

I only experimented with it just the one time, and haven't tried it again, so maybe it's changed, or maybe I'm wrong.

I've race changed. Sydney is correct. If you don't have the "every race, every alliance" unlocked through crown purchase you are only going to be able to change to another race in that alliance. Nice thing about the tokens though is that you can experiment however you like without actually 'spending' the coin. Until you click "submit" you can use that one coin to test out whatever features you want.

(Hack tip for those of you who might be thinking of more than one appearance change ;)

DK question I think is a question for the Combat/Skills forum. At least, I would start a new thread on that since your typical class-building types won't look into a race-change thread.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have race specific advice to your build, but in case you weren't aware there are major changes coming down the pike for Morrowind. I see a loooooooot of DKs screaming about them, but I haven't read detailed notes. Just in case you want to wait until the PTS changes are a little more defined before spending on a change.