The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill line level vs Player level

ookami007
ookami007
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if there is a cap on the skill line level vs your character level? It seems to be 4 levels, but I don't know if I'm just assuming that based on my observations or if that is the hard cap.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean? Most skill lines cap at 50, with exception of those under "world" and "guild" categories.

Your character level is only relevant for your racial which is always the same level as you until you reach 50, everything else depends on how many pieces of that armor type you have/how many skills from that skill tree you are using(again with exception of the "world" and "guild" ones).
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he's talking about individual skills under the skill lines. There are actually 8 levels. Once you max a skill at level 4, you can "morph" it into another skill and increase it another 4 levels.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Let's say my character is level 8. What is the maximum I can level my Two-handed skill, Dual Wield skill, Medium armor skill, etc. when I am level 8? It SEEMS to be 12 (character level + 4), but that just may be my perception.

But I was wondering if anyone knows the formula for skill line to character level radio

Is it

Max skill level = character level + 4?

And just to clarify, I'm talking about SKILL LINE (like Two-handed weapon) and not SKILL (like CLEAVE)

Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Let's say my character is level 8. What is the maximum I can level my Two-handed skill, Dual Wield skill, Medium armor skill, etc. when I am level 8? It SEEMS to be 12 (character level + 4), but that just may be my perception.

But I was wondering if anyone knows the formula for skill line to character level radio

Is it

Max skill level = character level + 4?

And just to clarify, I'm talking about SKILL LINE (like Two-handed weapon) and not SKILL (like CLEAVE)

Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.

Theres no pure structure to that levelling its just based off xp. If you were to slot all 2h skills you'll level that quicker but i believe its a coincidence its happening once every 4 levels although I've never actually tested it! It will be thrown off once you get to higher combat levels 30+
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    Far as I know, there is no level restriction thing like that. I remember having my crafting skills maxed out by the time I hit mid 30's on my toon way back when.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Must just be the fact that I have 1 of each skill and 3 different types of armor.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also gain more skill xp for every skill slotted in that tree.
    Everything you've seen so far is a coincidence.
    On my lvl 29 sorc, my 2h skill is lvl 37 an 8 point difference, but most of my others skills are much closer to 30.