The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't turn resource bars to always on?

Coarsan
Coarsan
Soul Shriven
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm having a problem with the game's UI options so I thought this would be the best place for it.

I'm currently trying to do VMA on PS4, which requires me to keep my damage shields up so I don't get one-shot by some attacks. Until the buff timer arrives in Morrowind there are only two ways to tell if the shield is still up: either from a very difficult to notice spell effect, or from an extra layer appearing on my health bar. Since damage is redirected to the shield first my health is usually full, which means that my health resource bar keeps disappearing. Is there no way to enable the resource bars to always be on in the game options? I'm able to turn on a separate health bar that appears over my character's head, but that doesn't show the shield layer so it's pretty useless.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC then there are add-ons that can do that for you, but I'm afraid it's currently not an in-game option. :(
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath