Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where does ZOS get their ideas to what should be nerfed or buffed?

UnversedNumber3
UnversedNumber3
✭✭✭
This is not sarcastic and I don't want to see any comment's about ZOS not listening to people. They obviously take information from somewhere. The forums are not a very good place to look. You have to weed through 100 hateful useless comments to find one useful one. Do they ask top tier players? Do they look at stats from campaigns or trials? Do they wade through this red sea of hate that is the forum?
Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
Still pretty new to PC-NA.

Best Answers

• SakuraTokito
    SakuraTokito
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can tell based on what ZOE has said, and my own experience from working on video game betas/MP, player performance and stats data is likely the main thing being looked at.

However, feedback and bugs from PTS users should be taken into account as well.

The community manager on 1 big MP title I worked on asked me to help him scan the forums and translate from gamer/n00b/etc into English. It is like translating a foreign language at times. Getting info that can be acted upon can be difficult there. I imagine it is the same here.
    Answer ✓
  • SakuraTokito
    SakuraTokito
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the metrics represent a higher number of players than forums, top tiers, etc. :)
    Answer ✓
  • UnversedNumber3
    UnversedNumber3
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks you two, that is mostly what I was looking for. I don't think any useful information will be taken off of the open forums for a while. Everyone needs to calm down and stop complaining until they can play and give useful feedback.
    Edited by UnversedNumber3 on April 20, 2017 10:44PM
    Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
    Still pretty new to PC-NA.
    Answer ✓
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've worked in mmo games before and it's most likely game metrics, the system will be compiling behaviour, choices, and action patterns across all areas and in all content. A vast amount of data can be collated from this to get an accurate picture of the true state of the game as opposed to the subjective version here on the forums. In short they have an absolute mountain of data and while they will consider forum feedback the bulk of desicions will be based on game metrics not ranting conspiracy nuts in the forum :)