The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ideas for RP Applications

Seminolegirl1992
Seminolegirl1992
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know how many rp guilds actually do this- but I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Do serious rp guilds have applications, and if so, what are some of the questions? My fiance and I have created a guild that will be doing a cross-guild rp storyline (with a willing, well-established guild, too)! We just want to avoid trolls, or people too young/not ready for serious rp. Thoughts? ^.^
@Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Jolojose
    Jolojose
    ✭✭
    I know the guild I'm in currently House Ridgewell has an enjin website. In order to be accepted you must first answer a few questions OOC about yourself, then IC stuff about the person you wish to bring in the guild. After you pass that then you have to pass an IC intro with the commander.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your new guild!
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much! I did just that- some OOC and IC questions- then most likely an IC interview.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is an IC interview? What are OOC questions?
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Jolojose
    Jolojose
    ✭✭
    IC = In character
    OOC = out of character.
    These are RP = Role-playing terms.
  • GunCha
    GunCha
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there!
    Are you playing in EU server? :)

I would like to join up in your RP guild. I will be honest - never done that before, so it would be a new expierience.
    So, invite or whisper me in game - @OrdoGunCha
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jolojose wrote: »
    IC = In character
    OOC = out of character.

Thank you. I knew RP. There's so much jargon in play in our culture today, I don't know how anyone can be expected to know all of it.

Having to go through INTERVIEWS and APPLICATIONS in order to PLAY seems awfully regimental and corporate-minded to me. Why so serious? Is your role play so very important? Will it be spoiled if anyone colors outside the lines? These are both IC and OOC questions as far as I am concerned, because my character everywhere I go, real-life or fantasy, is that of a Professional Outside-of-the-Lines colorist.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GunCha wrote: »
    Hey there!
    Are you playing in EU server? :)

I would like to join up in your RP guild. I will be honest - never done that before, so it would be a new expierience.
    So, invite or whisper me in game - @OrdoGunCha

NA server :X Thank you for the interest though.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC = In character
    OOC = out of character.

Thank you. I knew RP. There's so much jargon in play in our culture today, I don't know how anyone can be expected to know all of it.

Having to go through INTERVIEWS and APPLICATIONS in order to PLAY seems awfully regimental and corporate-minded to me. Why so serious? Is your role play so very important? Will it be spoiled if anyone colors outside the lines? These are both IC and OOC questions as far as I am concerned, because my character everywhere I go, real-life or fantasy, is that of a Professional Outside-of-the-Lines colorist.

You pose a solid question. It's only a few questions- the first few are to determine the character's name, class, race, etc. Then you usually ask them to describe their in-character background, and explain their interest in the guild. Another question I added is what they expect from the guild and what *we* can offer them, because it's a two-way street. I think I have 10 questions on mine. I also include a question or two about whether or not they accept rules and not to be a jerk/bigot in the guild. Also, the interview thing is an in-character role play experience. By that point, they've been accepted- the interview is to play it out ;) And to finally explain- the reason a lot of RP guilds do this is to weed out potentially incredibly immature people or those you know would be pure trolls, or those who may lack a certain amount of experience or break the lore to the point of pure ridiculousness. I wouldn't go so far as to say I am picky. I understand wanting to play someone as "outside the lines." That actually tends to add to the experience.
  • Jolojose
    Jolojose
    ✭✭
    IC = In character
    OOC = out of character.

IC and OOC are the two basic words in RP, I assumed you'd know them since you were in the "Fiction and Roleplay" section.
    Interviews and applications are fun, you get to build your character and see how they fit in the guild. Once you've RP'd its not a hassle. Also its there to weed out people who are trolls. If you don't have the imagination to answer a basic question like "What is you characters name" or "What is your character's backstory" then you may need assistance from the RP guild to help you build that character.

In regards to your "outside the lines" comment I don't think either party would have too much fun if one person want to RP as an openly Dominion hating Vampire in a Dominion based RP Vampire Hunters guild. It wouldn't make too much sense logically. You can work with the RP to make that character in the guild (i.e Secretly trying to bring down the Guild from the inside) but that's why you need to apply and interview, to get your thoughts across.

Also its the same as a PvE player applying to a PvP guild unknowingly applying to a PvP guild. He can be outside the lines by not doing anything PvP but he won't be part of alot of events. And if he isn't doing any events then why join the guild in the first place? The interview process stops these issues from happening. If you're joining an RP guild you've done your research and wanna join them for the events they run.

@Seminolegirl1992
    What's the guild about? Where you guys based? :smile:
    Edited by Jolojose on April 23, 2017 8:47PM
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not, but how about being a SECRETLY Dominion hating CLOSET Vampire in a Dominion-based Vampire Hunters guild? I personally think that would be an outrageous amount of fun.... mwah-ha-hah!

As for your snide comment about "basic words" and assumed knowledge -- you know, sometimes people are NEW to something and CURIOUS about something and haven't lived their lives doing this kind of thing before. Hello, NEWBIE here, bozo.
    Edited by ProfesseurFreder on April 23, 2017 10:21PM
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Jolojose
    Jolojose
    ✭✭
    @Seminolegirl1992

If you need help setting up OOC and IC questions I'll be more than happy to help. I wish you guys the best in growing!
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not, but how about being a SECRETLY Dominion hating CLOSET Vampire in a Dominion-based Vampire Hunters guild? I personally think that would be an outrageous amount of fun.... mwah-ha-hah!

As for your snide comment about "basic words" and assumed knowledge -- you know, sometimes people are NEW to something and CURIOUS about something and haven't lived their lives doing this kind of thing before. Hello, NEWBIE here, bozo.

Sometimes that works, but usually needs to be cleared with guild leaders, because they may not be open to that amount of RP conflict in the guild. It's difficult to do that unless it's scripted or planned, because it can be agitating or killing the fun, or distract from the storyline (if there is one). For example, if a person joined an RP guild that bases itself in the Covenant only, but someone joins who is strictly against the Covenant, it may just screw things up. *unless the leader is ok with it* Conflict can be fun in the right moment. I don't think they were being snide- but I myself tend to assume that people know those terms. I don't mind clarifying though. I think it's hard to discern intention through text only.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC = In character
    OOC = out of character.

IC and OOC are the two basic words in RP, I assumed you'd know them since you were in the "Fiction and Roleplay" section.
    Interviews and applications are fun, you get to build your character and see how they fit in the guild. Once you've RP'd its not a hassle. Also its there to weed out people who are trolls. If you don't have the imagination to answer a basic question like "What is you characters name" or "What is your character's backstory" then you may need assistance from the RP guild to help you build that character.

In regards to your "outside the lines" comment I don't think either party would have too much fun if one person want to RP as an openly Dominion hating Vampire in a Dominion based RP Vampire Hunters guild. It wouldn't make too much sense logically. You can work with the RP to make that character in the guild (i.e Secretly trying to bring down the Guild from the inside) but that's why you need to apply and interview, to get your thoughts across.

Also its the same as a PvE player applying to a PvP guild unknowingly applying to a PvP guild. He can be outside the lines by not doing anything PvP but he won't be part of alot of events. And if he isn't doing any events then why join the guild in the first place? The interview process stops these issues from happening. If you're joining an RP guild you've done your research and wanna join them for the events they run.

@Seminolegirl1992
    What's the guild about? Where you guys based? :smile:

You explain things well. I appreciate your assistance too. Name of the guild is The Silver Hands (yes, a slight rip off of the Skyrim variant). We are set in the Daggerfall Covenant exclusively (at least for the rp toon designated to the guild). This is what is posted on Enjin's recruitment tab: Join Aelwyn Wolfe, a Breton mage on his quest to locate and cure his werewolf sister, Penelope, and her werewolf lover whom she adventures with. He creates The Silver Hands, a guild dedicated to eradicating werewolves, vampires, and other unnatural beasts on behalf of the Covenant and the divine Stendarr. Wolfe has immense hatred for them all, derived from his childhood best friend being killed by one of Daggerfall's feral werewolves. He takes it upon himself to approach the High King Emeric and pledge his loyalty to this cause. Little does he know that Penelope is not just a lone wolf....

This will be a cross guild storyline with the well established Westwind Claws (no hate towards them- many of our members are in that guild, too!).

Prefer experienced roleplayers, 18+, who harbor no prejudices (we like a friendly gaming environment) :smiley:

We will have weekly (preferably) or bi-weekly episodes, which directly involve the storyline between the two guilds. We need participants and volunteers for designated roles. Message/mail @Seminolegirl1992 in game for more information.

We already have episode 1 written- meeting with the other guild (that I happen to be in) tonight actually to discuss more.