Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

The difference between Templar and Warden healing.

Lone_Wolf
Lone_Wolf
✭✭✭
Alright people, we're getting technical here. Those of you that wish to yell at ZoS, the post new discussion button is back a page. Those that wish to listen or be informed, listen up.

Lot of people going on about how Templar healers are gonna get gimped to *** come Morrowind and Warden healers are gonna take over. Well here's some arguments for both sides and why they can both exist as their own thing each (with some pictures for those people where words are too hard.)

All of my Warden info is coming from the "Warden Guide: Skill lines and abilities" of the Green Balance section found here: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/13/warden-guide-skill-lines-and-abilities

-Note: I will not be covering morphs as that would take 10 years.-

Number 1:
Fungal Growth – Seed a large area of mushrooms that heals you and six allies in your frontal cone with a 20-meter radius and 60-degree angle.
-COMPARING-
Rushed Ceremony - Beacon your inner light, healing yourself or a wounded ally.

Lemme show you all what a 60 degree angle looks like:
60-angle.gif
Wanna know what happens to people that aren't in that 60 degree angle? Yup, they ain't gettin' heal'd son.

How far does Rushed Ceremony go? With the new expansion a whopping
180-angle.gif
180 degree. Beside, in front of and even above, suckas. A whole 3 times bigger than the Warden's go to heal.

Everything is about positioning scrubs, get good and learn how to stand where a healer should be.

Number 2:
Healing Seed – Summon a field of flowers which blooms after 6 seconds, healing 6 targets in the area with an 8-meter radius and 28-meter range. Only 1 field may be active at a time. Allies may activate the Healing Seed synergy to heal over 5 seconds.
-COMPARING-
Healing Ritual - Focus your spiritual devotion, healing yourself and nearby allies

6 seconds to cast a healing spell? Jayzuz, the tank might already be dead by that point. It's nice to have some predictable healing safe spots and keeps the Warden safe but damn. Healing ritual only takes 1.5 seconds to cast, and a larger radius at the expenditure of having to stand still a moment. Plus your Templar is nearby ready to pop and emergency Rushed Ceremony (just in case.)

Number 3:
Living Vines – Grow vines to embrace you or the lowest health ally in front of you within a 28x12-meter radius for 10 seconds. The vines heal the target each time they take damage. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
-COMPARING-
Restoring Aura - Champion the cause of divine glory to apply Minor Magickasteal to all enemies around you for 16.5 secinds, causing you and your allies to restore 400 Magicka every 1 seconds when damaging them.
While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 10%.

Another preemptive healing measure on the Warden's part, it's nice to have but I'd rather someone get topped off right away. Restoring Aura on the other hand, a free 10% bonus to ALL REGEN (You know the things the devs want to focus on with this patch), sounds rather nice for a caster to have. Plus popping it off gives casters Magickasteal for a bit and I think that's rather nice.

Number 4:
Lotus Flower – Embrace the lotus blessing, causing Light Attack to restore Health and your Heavy Attack to restore Health to you or a nearby ally within 12 meters for 17 seconds.
-COMPARING-
Cleansing Ritual - Exalt in the sacred light of the Aedra, cleansing up to 2 harmful effects from yourself immediately and healing you and nearby allies every 2 seconds for 12 seconds.
Allies can also activate the Purify synergy, removing all harmful effects from themselves and healing them.

Woah woah woah, Healers attacking? What game is this? You should be healbotting, not playing a hybrid you silly Warden, go back to playing your Templar with your ability to remove debuffs from your allies. And what's that as well? If an ally presses the synergy button while they're standing in the light they can remove all debuffs from them? Sounds good to me. Last I saw this was a must have for pvp, according to my guild I used to run with a year ago, but don't play it no more so /shrug.

Number 5:
Nature's Grasp – Swing up to 22 meters to targeted ally, healing them over 10 seconds.
-COMPARING-
Rune Focus - Create a rune of celestial protection, which defends you while you stand within it and for up to 8 seconds after leaving it.
The rune grants you Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance for 12 seconds.

I'll give it to the Warden with this one. A heal-over-time is always a friendly sight, compared to a rune that buffs your defenses. A healer shouldn't be standing near the swings in the first place, but what can you do sometimes.

Ultimates!
Secluded Grove – Instantly swell a healing forest around you or an ally within an 8-meter radius and 28 meter range, restoring health to 6 targets. The forest continues to heal you and all allies in the area every 1 second over 6 seconds.
-COMPARING-
Rite of Passage - Channel the grace of the gods, healing you and nearby allies every 1 second for 4 seconds, 20 meter radius.
You cannot move while channeling, but you gain immunity to all enemy control effects.

The first sounds like a targeted abilities to hit someone nearby, but basically both behave the same. Immunity to CC is nice to have especially when you can't move so the point game is pretty even with these two.

CLOSING REMARKS!
Both classes offer something different to the table and let's face it you're going to rock some resto abilities as a healer anyway.

TL;DR
Quit your whining and learn to position scrubs. And if you're really complaining about sustain then you gotta git gud. Resto staff gives 30% magicka back on power attack. Make it work.
Edited by Lone_Wolf on April 20, 2017 10:01AM
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers with matriarch healing and no angle nonsense are laughing on both of them. Especially with new bubbles-like-shards.
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Totally agree Templer is still master race.

Resource isn't an issues even in fully heavy if you know how to conserve properly.

• lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Sorcerers with matriarch healing and no angle nonsense are laughing on both of them. Especially with new bubbles-like-shards.

Could be if the pet can take the heat ^^