The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Masterful Weapon Bug PLZ HELP

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
I opened up an in-game support ticket over a week ago.. ZOS has not helped me with this issue in any way and I'm still waiting on a reply back from them. So I'm now taking this issue to the forums. I crafted 2 weapons as you can see by my screenshots. Pretty much could not get my quest objective updated and have spend a ton of gold and resources to craft these 2 weapons for nothing. Hopefully I can get this resolved faster here! cqduqtj8okdd.png
x3tndkwln2b0.png
xd3c8tqspc97.png
Ad Victoriam!
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    In the upper left corner of the staff tooltip shown in the image, the phrase "[Two-Handed]" below the line "Lightning Staff", should be "Ancient Elf" instead. EDIT: Did your character craft the Lightning Staff with the Ancient Elf style?

It is not possible to craft any item without selecting a Style which the PC already knows, and there must be at least one unit of the corresponding style material in that PC's bags (or the Crafting Bag) in order to be able to select that Style. At the outset, each character knows the style for their own race, i.e. by default, and must learn the styles for other races by using Crafting Motifs.

The phrase "[Two-Handed]" certainly seems to be evidence of a bug in the Workstation UI, at least with respect to the Song of Lamae set. It seems to be a default description or place-holder. Perhaps it was automatically entered into the data record for that item when its record was created, and the description was not subsequently changed to the correct data. Or the game host and/or client software displays that default on the tooltip when a valid reference to the item's actual Style does not replace it during the procedure for crafting it.

In another case, I forget for which Style it is, but tooltips for items made with that Style state that it is "Unnamed 17". ZOS has never yet corrected that bug and I doubt that they will. It probably hasn't affected the game before, but now that Master Crafting Writs are so specific, I would not be surprised if it does.

Edited by Shadowshire on May 17, 2017 12:46AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this still is not resolved :(
    Ad Victoriam!