The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motifs Anonymous - Glenumbra Chapter

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi. My name is Rain. I'm addicted to motif collecting. I started the anniversary event with hundreds of thousands in gold. I'm now selling research staffs just to cover my repair bills. I may have to take out a mortgage on Daggerfall Overlook just to keep the torches lit.

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am down to my last 5 Motifs to learn, thanks to the event and generous guild mates. There are two I may never get Silk Road and Mazzutan. I did get most from the Anniversary Boxes and farming, but a good chunk cost gold.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had a motif habit for a long time.

When Homestead was released, it became somewhat important to focus on single styles as partials don't count for master writs. Even so, I stick to my rule of buying whatever is cheapest when I go shopping. Someone, somewhere has put up a motif you need for less than half the market price.

Right now the deals are easier to find and better priced then ever before. People who don't typically sell them are offloading their event inventory and it's making it harder for the guild trader cartels to buy everything up and reprice.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am down to my last 5 Motifs to learn, thanks to the event and generous guild mates. There are two I may never get Silk Road and Mazzutan. I did get most from the Anniversary Boxes and farming, but a good chunk cost gold.

I completed 3 of those Motifs, now it's just Silk Road and Mazzutan. Until those drop down to the 10K per chapter range, not going to learn those.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @Nestor !

I'm still a ways behind you.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of akaviri, and Mazzatun and Silk Ring are the only ones left at this point. Not counting the ones in Morrowind, of course.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. My name is Rain. I'm addicted to motif collecting. I started the anniversary event with hundreds of thousands in gold. I'm now selling research staffs just to cover my repair bills. I may have to take out a mortgage on Daggerfall Overlook just to keep the torches lit.

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Problem? I see no problem...

*slips in a Dro-Mafea;ljasdf motif chapter*
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Problem? I see no problem...

Pusher!

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean...I already do that with furnishing plans. What's a little diversification?

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean...I already do that with furnishing plans. What's a little diversification?

Stay Back! I need to be able to pay my repair bills! I want banners!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay Back! I need to be able to pay my repair bills! I want banners!
    Oh please. Do you -really- need those banners? Especially when compared to being able to craft that sweet glowing-blue set?