Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where is the imp stool?

chamorin
chamorin
Soul Shriven
It might be spawn on some shroom locations like mid-north places in Auridon....So far I found only 1...Is there any delve/cave or mushroom ring to find more?
I'm still level 27 so I can't go to coldharbour.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know the resource in a node is random, so your best bet is to search for a place with a high concentration of alchemy nodes. Having said that, in my personal experience Deshaan is a good place to farm Imp Stools. They seem to be more common there for some reason. :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • chamorin
    chamorin
    Soul Shriven
    I'm going to look Deshaan :)
    Thank you for the reply!
  • MNsnowtaTy
    MNsnowtaTy
    ✭✭✭
    chamorin wrote: »
    It might be spawn on some shroom locations like mid-north places in Auridon....So far I found only 1...Is there any delve/cave or mushroom ring to find more?
    I'm still level 27 so I can't go to coldharbour.

Why can't you go to Coldharbour?

One Tamriel is out now, you can go anywhere.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer like to make pretty, showy gardens. They don't like random mushrooms and fungi cluttering up the place.

Stonefalls, Deshaan, Shadowfen, Eastmarch, The Rift are all pretty decent places to hunt.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MNsnowtaTy wrote: »

Coldharbor is weird in that you can walk to it nor is normal travel a way to get there. I know there is a portal in some of the Fighter's Guild Halls (Reapers March for instance) that can get you there. But I don't know if those are unlocked until you finish up the Zone Quests.

Now, we have always been able to port to Coldharbor provided a Guildmate or Friend was up there to port to. This has been since release.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't the imp stool something left behind by the imp after doing number twos?
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Coldharbor is weird in that you can walk to it nor is normal travel a way to get there. I know there is a portal in some of the Fighter's Guild Halls (Reapers March for instance) that can get you there. But I don't know if those are unlocked until you finish up the Zone Quests.

Now, we have always been able to port to Coldharbor provided a Guildmate or Friend was up there to port to. This has been since release.
    One does not simply walk into Coldharbour. :mrgreen: And the portals in fighter's guilds are to Earth Forge. The original intended way to enter Ch is through the Stirk island quest after guild quest lines were finished. The guild quests were earlier gated to every fifth level so in practice Ch opened after home alliance and guilds were finished. That is why Ch is Complicated.

Imp Stool is one of the fungi. If you find any fungus, the node may spawn also Imp Stool. There are four kind of alchemy nodes: flowers, fungi, water plants and water. A fungus node can spawn any of the fungi randomly. So find an area with fungi and keep harvesting them. Imp Stool isn't rare in any special way.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep finding heavy sacks filled with imp stools.

Can't get the image out of my mind of an imp squatting over a sack in a dungeon with a 'wait till some foolish adventurer tries rummaging for loot in this!' grin on its face.
  • pj4533
    pj4533
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

You can also zoom out on the map, cold harbor rotates the entire map of Tamriel. Zoom in on Coldharbor and choose the way shrine. Maaaaybe you need to unlock the wayshrine first via the main story? Not sure about that, cause I didn't even know about the zooming-out of the map until I got to that point in the story and wanted to make sure I could get back there if I wayshrined back to my house.

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when first I was starting that certain mushrooms seemed to have a lower spawning rate in the starter and first zone (Kenarthi & Auridon) - so I never found them before going to Grahtwood.
    I dont think its still like that, but not quite sure.

If you have a guild or friends jus port to some random zones and walk around there..
    PC-EU @lientier