Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Questions about ESO on Steam Sale

ROYTASTICx
ROYTASTICx
✭✭
Hello all,

So i have ESO for a while now, even before it came out on Steam. Now i saw there is the Gold Edition on sale today which is the main game + all DLC for 25 euro.
If i buy this on Steam, do i need to create a new account or can i just login to my excisting account and have all DLC on my account?

Thanks in advance.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    per the support page, once you own a non-steam and steam version of the game it appears you can link your ESO account to steam and import that account. I believe these instructions are what you're looking for:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517/~/can-i-link-my-existing-elder-scrolls-online-account-to-my-steam-account?
  • ROYTASTICx
    ROYTASTICx
    ✭✭
    Thank you.

But what i actually meant was:

I have an eso account (non steam and with imperial edition) but now i saw the eso gold edition was on sale on steam.

So if i bought the entire gold pack on steam, is it possible to login with my excisting account ( the one with the imperial edition on it) but then also receive the gold upgrade?

Or do i need to create a new account as soon as i buy the gold edition on steam?

Sorry for not being that clear before.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Imperial Edition and the DLC all link to your account. Once you link your existing ESO account with your Steam account, you should have access to the Imperial Edition on Steam and the DLC you bought with the Gold Edition.

However, if you go back and login to your ESO account through the game launcher (i.e. access your game without using Steam like you have in the past) I am not sure that the Gold Edition will be available. It might be, but I've just never tested this out.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »
    So Imperial Edition and the DLC all link to your account. Once you link your existing ESO account with your Steam account, you should have access to the Imperial Edition on Steam and the DLC you bought with the Gold Edition.

However, if you go back and login to your ESO account through the game launcher (i.e. access your game without using Steam like you have in the past) I am not sure that the Gold Edition will be available. It might be, but I've just never tested this out.

I believe that once you link your account to Steam you cannot run ESO without Steam running. I've tried doing it.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar