Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I cannot find "Pristine Water" anywhere for alchemy!?

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭

*SOLVED* - There is enough to be found in the lake near the center of Grahtwood.

Okay this is getting ridiculous. I have alchemy writs to create "drams" and collect 3 "Pristine Water". I have checked every guild store, I have been running around the map (along rivers, checking camps etc) for an hour and a half.

Total number of Pristine Water found: ZERO.

This is ridiculous.... Why would it be so difficult to find WATER for god's sake???

I found (finally) ONE guild trader who was selling exactly THREE Pristine Water for 750g, which is a ludicrous price for something so basic to progress my alchemy skill on a low level alt.

I am normally a patient person, and I like to do things "the slow way" in games like this. I'm never in a hurry to level, and I am usually content to accept game mechanics "as is" to level stuff up. I am not a power leveller by any stretch of the imagination. I fully expect to put in the effort necessary to advance my character, skills, gear etc.

But NINETY FRICKEN MINUTES without finding even ONE of the basic components I need to advance my alchemy skill is just scandalous. This needs to be addressed in a patch.

Running up and down the entire length of three different rivers and two coastlines AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND WATER is just absolutely ridiculous.
Edited by Dahveed on April 17, 2017 4:28AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in....breathe out...

So, to assist, is the issue that you're not finding any water nodes at all, or that you're finding nodes and they're for water that is something other than pristine? Some tips for either scenario:

- it's hard to find mid-level water in guild stores. Possible, but hard. Your best bet is "off the beaten track" stores, like in thieves Dens, but I still wouldn't bet on finding any.

- water drops according to your character level and your passive in alchemy. If pristine is what your writs call for, you should be picking up pristine. If it's an old writ and you leveled alchemy since you got it, you might be picking up water above pristine...drop the writ and get a new one if this is the case.

- water drops in containers as a possible reward. Best places: old orsinium, inner sea armature, aldunz, halls of the dead. Container bonanza.

- for water nodes, southwest east march, all over wrothgar, walk the beach of khenarthis roost, the rift waterways, coldharbour. If all else fails, walk the central lake in Cyrodiil. No one farms there.

- writs reward more water than they consume. So save your waters at any given level for writs and you won't run out like that. If you need to grind the skill line, make poisons.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with yew which seems to have vanished - no zones have it, and no guild traders that I've visited have it!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you cannot find the materials needed for writs. you are trying to complete a lower/higher level writ than you should be getting. Abandon the writ in your quest log and go and get another one.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    If you cannot find the materials needed for writs. you are trying to complete a lower/higher level writ than you should be getting. Abandon the writ in your quest log and go and get another one.

I've been doing this every day for four days though. I keep getting the same "dram" requirements.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Breathe in...breathe out...breathe in....breathe out...

So, to assist, is the issue that you're not finding any water nodes at all, or that you're finding nodes and they're for water that is something other than pristine? Some tips for either scenario:

- it's hard to find mid-level water in guild stores. Possible, but hard. Your best bet is "off the beaten track" stores, like in thieves Dens, but I still wouldn't bet on finding any.

- water drops according to your character level and your passive in alchemy. If pristine is what your writs call for, you should be picking up pristine. If it's an old writ and you leveled alchemy since you got it, you might be picking up water above pristine...drop the writ and get a new one if this is the case.

- water drops in containers as a possible reward. Best places: old orsinium, inner sea armature, aldunz, halls of the dead. Container bonanza.

- for water nodes, southwest east march, all over wrothgar, walk the beach of khenarthis roost, the rift waterways, coldharbour. If all else fails, walk the central lake in Cyrodiil. No one farms there.

- writs reward more water than they consume. So save your waters at any given level for writs and you won't run out like that. If you need to grind the skill line, make poisons.

I've found *two* water nodes so far (in bottles beside camps) and they've both given me "clean" water (or something, forget the name).

I keep abandoning my writ because I think maybe it was an old writ or something.... but I keep getting the "dram" and "pristine water" requirement. But I can't find them anywhere.

Any time I find any water at all it's of a different sort.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC NA & need any sort of water for writs, drop me a msg in-game as I have oodles of the stuff at all levels. I'm happy enough to give it to you for your writ. :smile:
    Edited by kip_silverwolf on April 17, 2017 3:40AM
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Update:

I went exploring in Grahtwood, and the lake near the center of the map there seems to be *the* mother lode for water in general. In about 20 minutes I think I found about two dozen nodes, and got a nice combination of Pristine and Clear water.

It seems strange that in this one spot I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds without finding a node, whereas I went through the entire map of Auridon it seems without finding anything...

Perhaps the crafting NPCs in-game, or maybe the quests, could be a bit more precise about where to look for this stuff?

I happened to find this information on some Reddit thread I just happened to stumble upon on the net...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

That doesn't work, I'm afraid. I tried that with yew, and the same writ kept coming up. There does seem to be a problem with yew nodes at the moment given that no traders have it either while being plentifully stocked with the other woods, and I have looked for it in every tier zone in all alliances including Coldharbour and Craglorn etc with multiple characters and with not a single yew node found. Every zone yielded two types of wood, but none of them was yew.

My only solution was to use other ways to raise Woodworking to 30 and then get writs for ash - which I have found.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people need it on PC/NA - I have a ton. Whisper @Jaeysa
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.