Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I cannot find "Pristine Water" anywhere for alchemy!? *SOLVED*

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭

SOLUTION: Go to the lake in Grahtwood (center of map)

Okay this is getting ridiculous. I have alchemy writs to create "drams" and collect 3 "Pristine Water". I have checked every guild store, I have been running around the map (along rivers, checking camps etc) for an hour and a half.

Total number of Pristine Water found: ZERO.

This is ridiculous.... Why would it be so difficult to find WATER for god's sake???

I found (finally) ONE guild trader who was selling exactly THREE Pristine Water for 750g, which is a ludicrous price for something so basic to progress my alchemy skill on a low level alt.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Edited by Dahveed on April 17, 2017 4:53PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you level up your alchemy, your character automatically starts gathering pristine water whenever he finds or collects water. He may not find it every time, though, but he should find it at least some of the time. Every time you see a water bag sitting near NPCs, go ahead and grab it. After a while, you'll have a million of them. Bandit camps are a good place to find them, but you can find them in friendly camps as well.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 17, 2017 4:26AM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try here: Grahtwood Stormhaven Deshaan
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    Okay this is getting ridiculous. I have alchemy writs to create "drams" and collect 3 "Pristine Water". I have checked every guild store, I have been running around the map (along rivers, checking camps etc) for an hour and a half.
    Pristine water can usually be found in streams, especially near waterfalls, as this is where the cleaner water is in the game.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Try here: Grahtwood Stormhaven Deshaan

Is it still connected to zone? Isn't it based on character level 50% of the time, solvent proficiency 50%?
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More chance is those areas but you are right.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Is it still connected to zone? Isn't it based on character level 50% of the time, solvent proficiency 50%?

Yes, it is character level and solvent level 50/50. So, for Pristine, Character Level 20 to 30 and or Solvent Level 3. Does not matter where you are.

Edited by Nestor on April 17, 2017 1:23PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    @Dahveed May not be the answer you're looking for, but you can find literally thousands of it for sale. https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/SearchResult?ItemID=4358&ItemNamePattern=Pristine+Water

Send me a PM reminder and I'll mail you a few scores for free in game to get you going.

edit: not sure what platform you're on.
    Edited by parkham on April 17, 2017 1:42PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I've since solved my problem. By circling the lake in Grahtwood you can find enough of them.