Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Requesting Character Load...

Yurapls
Yurapls
Soul Shriven
Requesting Character Load takes forever, and then put me back in the main menu.. could you guys help me out? should I ask for a refund?
  • wiz12268b14_ESO
    wiz12268b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting that. First time it wouldnt load. I have loaded 3 times since and it keeps crashing to log in page again.

Going to reboot everything to see if it helps.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been able to resolve your issue?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Godthab
    Godthab
    ✭✭
    Also getting this issue. Can reach character choosing phase, choose one, then "requesting character load" - which gets me back to the login screen with "an error occurred." Sigh.
    J'zakar Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Stamina NB
    Ma'jirra Raimnirm | AD | Female | Khajiit Templar
    J'dran Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Dragonknight
    Dro'zaddha Raimnirm | AD | Male | Khajiit Sorcerer
    J'leena Zahan | DC | Male | Khajiit Magicka NB
    Qa'yiira | EP | Female | Khajiit Nightbalde Archer
    Jo'shua-ra | EP | Male | Khajiit Warden
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also getting it now. I can log into the character selection screen, but when I select a character and press play, it gets stuck on the "requesting character load" for 1-2 minutes, then boots me back to the login screen with a message that says "An error occurred - please try again in a few minutes".

:\
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    Was able to log in, run a single quest, then as I exited the delve, booted back to login screen, and now I can't log in again. I've tried rebooting and disabling all add-ons, still won't let me in.
    Edited by AchlysNox on April 20, 2017 5:02PM
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for about 24 hours now, submitting a ticket. Can't stay logged in for even half an hour without getting booted to login, and then can't log back in with that "requesting character load" stalling and then "An error occurred - please try again in a few minutes" error message every time I try to choose a character.
  • AkumaNeko094
    AkumaNeko094
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this issue as well..it's my first time playing this, I barely created my character. I don't have any addons, I've tried turning off firewall, reinstalling the whole game, running it as an administrator...nothing helps...anyone got a solution? It's just depressing how many errors this game has after so long from the premiere...
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yurapls @AchlysNox @wiz12268b14_ESO @AkumaNeko094 Did anyone succeed to resolve this issue?
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The server is not accessible so the problem is probably not resolved
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    I was having a similar issue, when I disabled the Master Merchant addon I was able to get in. Havent tested much tho so it may be another addon conflicting with MM... Disable all addons and see if you an log in. (this is the first thing you SHOULD do anyways with issues like this. Going to delete savedvariables data for MM and make sure its not corrupt data before I condemn the addon itself.
    Edited by CrazySonoran on June 25, 2017 4:23PM
  • liimose
    liimose
    ✭✭
    Been sitting in a loading screen to character selection for 20 minutes now. 3rd attempt so far. i have tried to exit the game trough Ctrl+alt+delete, restarting computer once, closing game, closing both game and launcher, then starting launcher and then entering the game. once, the game has went back to login screen but i din't read the error message written.
    Making 4th attempt. four times the charm i hope :smile:

i Just realized i may have choose d the wrong section for this post. if that is the case i apologies. will let it stay open but will find the appropriate section to post it.

problem solved. had to repair Launcher :)
    Edited by liimose on June 26, 2017 1:40PM
  • Rainfeather
    Same problem here. I have been trying for over an hour. I have rebooted, tried a repair, nothing is working.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with the 'Requesting Character Load' error. It's been happening ever since the new patch. Cannot get into the game by any means.
    Literally tried EVERYTHING the support and forums suggested...
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started experiencing this Today, I was playing just fine earlier this morning. At first I was getting immediately booted back with "An error occurred - please try again in a few minutes". I searched for a solution in the Support browser then disabled and reinstalled outdated Add-ons. I was able to get a loading screen after then but was then booted again with a "Server has timed out" Message after only a few seconds of loading... Why, ZOS!? :'(