The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Immobilizer (Sorc Build)

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
This build is for group play. It is a focus on crowd control with some healing support. When I originally made this build I used all crafted gear just as a proof of concept and it worked very well. The final gear setup is just to add more damage into the mix. I am sure some people are going to complain about the build but I guess if no one complains about what you do then you aren't doing it right. There are probably other builds out there that are similar but I came up with this on my own so I apologize if this turns out to be a copy.

Generally, unless I am making a tank build, I use 5 light and two heavy for magicka builds and 5 medium and 2 heavy for stamina builds. I usually always have one crafted set in the build because I really hate farming weapons. The front bar will be sharpened weapons and the back bar will be defensive weapons. I find that defensive weapons with a heavy chest and one other heavy piece will give you pretty close to the same resist level as full heavy with sharpened weapons.

Food is max health and max magicka.

Monster set
Light Infernal Guardian divines head
Heavy Infernal Guardian impen shoulders

Crafted set
Heavy Julianos impen chest
Light Julianos divines legs
Light Julianos impen belt
2 sharpened Julianos swords on the front bar
Defensive Julianos restoration staff on the back bar

Dungeon set
The dungeon set is Overwhelming surge. I picked this because the build uses all class abilities with the exception of healing ward.
3 Jewelry pieces all spell power but will probably switch to cost reduction if battlegrounds do turn out to be no CP.
Light feet with divines
Light hands with impen

I like having at least 3 pieces of impen and points in the impen CP so I get a minimum of 1800 impen. This way I do not get completely wrecked during that brief second my shields are down or the healing ward goes to someone else.

Since the main focus of this build is to CC enemy players the 3 main abilities are shattering prison, negate, and streak. Crystal frags also works as a CC but I do not rely on the crystal frag proc as the primary CC. Of course if I hear it proc it is what I am using.

Front bar
Crystal Frags
Mage's Wrath
Streak
Power Surge
Bound Aegis
Negate - I do sometimes switch this ulty for Energy Overload if I am soloing.

Back bar
Shattering Prison
Dark Conversion
Healing Ward
Hardened Ward
Bound Aegis
Negate

I know a lot of people have dropped the Infernal Guardian set after the nerf because of how rarely you can actually get a hit with it but it is easy to get hits with it when you lock people down with Shattering Prison. And, you usually get the bonus damage from the Overwhelming surge set. Plus the obvious combination with streak and negate it really brings in the hate whispers. One time I even locked down a magplar when he went to take a resource and just let the gaurds kill him. I feel bad since my main is a magplar but it was really entertaining.

This build is obviously not the big burst that you can get from magsorcs but it is really fun to play.