Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How will Magic be in next patch?

DivyathFyr
DivyathFyr
✭✭
Im curious..

I made a post earlier about my magic dk having horrible sustain i then found it its the worst sustain class in the gane and with next changea coming up removing the cp it will make it even harder to sustain which sux:( but it got me wondering how will magic dk be next patch? Or jusy magic dps in general with the changes coming up.. and all
Should i reroll i mean if magic dks are going to taje a hufe step back im not sure if i want to main that then:(
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know all of the proposed changes, and we aren't sure the ones shown at pax will even make it to the PTS.

That said, what they did preview was part of their plan to revamp the CP system to return resource management to the game. The cost reduction passives are gone, and the regen is reduced to 15% for 100 points, down from 25%. I think they'll also look at reducing the spammability of shields, wards and heals.

I'm not a DK expert, but I have all 8 class/resource varients as vets. To me, magic DK is one of the hardest with resource management. I'm thinking they'll get hit hard, and have to make hard choices between dps and regen.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just means we will be going back to the days of wearing one set for sustain and one set for tanking/dps/etc.