The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My current Alchmy writ is literally impossible to complete for my character's alchemy skill...

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm a level 12 alchemist, and so far I can only create "sip" and "tincture" level potions. Yet whenever I pick up an alchemy writ now, the game tells me it wants me to complete a "Dram" of magicka, a "dram" of this, a "dram" of that. I look at my alchemy skill and according to the appropriate talent, I need to have level 20 alchemy in order to create drams.

Am I missing something or is this a bug? I won't ever be able to do a crafting writ unless I grind 8 more full levels in alchemy??? Has anyone else had this issue?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you confusing the use level of the item with craft level?

When you tooltip the solvent it might show red, like gear you can't wear, but your craft level should be high enough to craft the item even though you can't use it.

This trips me up every once in a while when i run writs using low level toons.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm talking about the name of the potion. It's asking me to create a "dram" of increase magicka (or something), but the only types of potions I am currently allowed to make are "sips" and "tinctures", so I don't get any credit...
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 10 you can put a point into Solvent Proficiency to move beyond sips & tinctures... did you reset skill points after getting that writ so you no longer have 2/8 solvent proficiency? If so, you either need to put the point back in or abandon that writ and take a new one for your modified alchemy passive level.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make drams with pristine water once you have spent a skill point in the first passive to level it to alchemy rank 2. This is what starts generating the writs for drams...the system always generates writs that ask for the highest level you can make according to rank in this passive. You can spend that skill point once you hit alchemy level 10.

Best bet is you don't have the water. Make sure you have pristine water, and if you don't go farm some...half will proc according to your alchemy rank, so some of the water you find should be pristine.