Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Haven't played since right before One Tam

Aeerol
Aeerol
✭✭✭
Originally from ps4, I stopped playing right before One Tamriel came out. Just curious to see how things are now. What's changed? How is the pvp meta? Is pvp still cancer? If I started playing again it'd probably be on pc this time around. I see that morrowind is coming out in the coming months which does look quite interesting. Obviously new account would keep me busy for awhile and I'm assuming there's still the champion point grind to be competitive in pvp, which isn't too appealing sounding. I loved the game a ton before, I just had to stop playing because I felt like it was sucking my soul if you know what I mean. With any features I've missed and anything coming in the near future, just opinions obviously, is the game worth investing the time into again for someone that's been away for a while?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot has changed since One Tam...subsequent updates have been relatively minor.

Pvp has seen a lot of performance improvements. I'm not saying it's perfect, but in my experience the page on PS4 is way down. The meta is still damage-damage-damage, lol. There's an annoying rise of spam ward/heal sorcs and DKs. Kills can be tough since these builds have infinite resources.

Should you come back now? It's a tough question because Morrowind is about to hit, and there will be a huge change to the game. It'll bring in a ton of new players, which should be cool. The new Warden class should mix things up quite a bit across the board. And it seems like they're planning on making substantial changes to the mechanics. Two changes to the CP system present in the PAX preview make resource management WAY more important if these changes make it live. It should be a huge shake up to the game...plus who knows what else they might add.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its great ! come back, and see. Morrowind is on the horizon, ESO+ subs to get double bank space, new character !
  • Orm_embar
    Orm_embar
    One Tamriel was a game changing update. It removed the levels from zones and now your character is scaled up so you can go anywhere and do any quest you want without having to worry about your characters level which is so much better than before. The game is now like an elder scrolls game should be in my opinion.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing this weekend. I did the ESO beta and a couple weeks after launch. Even bought the game after it turned purchase to play. Had it installed on PC and kept it updated here and there.

Finally decided to give it a whirl again. I enjoy it. The changes are nice and subtle to me. Everything seems super easy which is okay. Still people everywhere which is the best.

I never did PVP and it ain't my bag (except EVE Online).

If it's just a nice game you want to play, I can say go for it! If PVP or high end (whatever that is here), I have no experience there.