The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alik'r Dessert Dolmen XP Farming

mook-eb16_ESO
mook-eb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Hi I think spawn rate of Alik'r dolmens is being too quick and is being exploited for above average xp again based on the number of I have seen doing them it looked like 60+ chars all zerging down the dolmen. I think maybe this spawn rate needs to be fixed so that its brought inline with other zones.
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on April 13, 2017 6:58PM
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    You think?

On a serial note, it's the dolmen layout on the map in proportion to the wayshrines. This topic has been brought up before, several times in my limited time here.

My suggestion was to move the dolmens to somewhere else on the map and put up random spawn timers on ALL dolmens. Say, a rand time between 5-10 minutes.
    Edited by parkham on April 13, 2017 7:00PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spawn Rate in Alikir is no faster than the spawn rate in any other zone.

Alikir just has the most optimally placed Wayshrines in relation to the Dolmens. Auridon is next, then Deeshan, then Malabal Tor. Shadowfen is pretty good to. The rest of the zones tend to have at least one wayshrine that is really far away from at least one Dolmen. Stormhaven and Greenshade are the worst.
    Edited by Nestor on April 13, 2017 7:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe its for exp? isn't it for gear? like sword singer that drops there. I wouldn't think dolmens are the optimal way to grind. maybe I'm wrong.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Withered Hand / Order of Diagna drops there too. It's a soul destroying occupation disguised as something to do in a game (in my book).

Edited by parkham on April 13, 2017 7:54PM

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless there's an event that gives you extra xp, like the one going on now, you can make better xp and loot doing other stuff.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the fastest way to grind xp but it is a pretty fun way to earn moderate xp and possibly some loot drops.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does someone always have to try and ruin the fun things in life? The Alik'r Desert Dolmens are one of my favorite things to do in the game when leveling a new character. It's fun, fast paced and no one but the mobs get hurt...

• parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of lyrics in a Metallica song, "One man's fun is another's Hell".

No one is trying to ruin... well I guess we are trying to ruin your fun!

Seriously, have at it. Plenty of other dolmens around.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    Your late to the party buddy, and by late I mean the pinata has already been smashed and everyone's already having a slice of the cake.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    btw actually this is very slow way to level a char that's funny thing and there are far quicker and easier methods than this.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    My suggestion was to move the dolmens to somewhere else on the map ...
    Argh, no. It's super irritating when the wayshrines are a million light years away from the dolmens. I don't like how crowded the Alik'r dolmens are, but it's better than dolmens in some locations that are so far out of the way, away from everything, that when you try to do them, you're there alone.