Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do we get into the rp shard?

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
Was just reading that zones are sharded on this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/334921/i-did-not-know-world-zone-was-instanced#latest

So my question is: How does one know they are in the same shard as other rpers?
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only real way is to group up with them, and then travel to them via group, that way you sure you in same shard as those you rp with
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Artemiisia said if you're in a guild or group with them then just travel to one and you should end up in the correct instance.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm talking about random rpers out in the world. Those from other guilds and factions.

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is split by population, not prefference. Once a shard is at capacity for a certain area, next players who come there are put on a new one. You can only force players to a shard by grouping and traveling together.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    I'm talking about random rpers out in the world. Those from other guilds and factions.

Those will be spread out through the different shards so just as they are random RPers to you, you will be a random RPer to them. But not all random RPers will be on the same shard.

• Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭

Those will be spread out through the different shards so just as they are random RPers to you, you will be a random RPer to them. But not all random RPers will be on the same shard.

I thought they said before launch I remember that we would get put into the same phase as players with similar
    Asardes wrote: »
    The game is split by population, not prefference. Once a shard is at capacity for a certain area, next players who come there are put on a new one. You can only force players to a shard by grouping and traveling together.

I thought they said we would get phased into shards with other players of similar preferences?

• Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭

I thought they said before launch I remember that we would get put into the same phase as players with similar

I thought they said we would get phased into shards with other players of similar preferences?

That requires a medium for us to officially state what preference we are. And that would split the population. They may have been anticipating a higher population to warrant that. or, they may have it ready for when the population can comfortably support it.

Though, if your looking for RP, there is a healthy RP community. http://www.eso-rp.com/
    Edited by Dustfinger81 on April 13, 2017 6:33PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know what's the exact algorithm but it's possible that you are preferentially placed on the same shards with people from your friends list or guild. This has been hinted at but never confirmed to my knowledge. There isn't any box in the menu that you can tick and say that you primarily RP.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do recall before launch when they were showcasing and explaining the megaserver technology, that the server would actively put you in shards based on your grouping and friendslist preferences.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons