Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Limited Black Senche-Lion Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The Black Senche-Lion mount is now available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, starting today (April 13th) through the April 17th at 10AM EDT/2:00PM UTC. Look for it in the “Featured” section of the in-game Crown Store. Conquer the shadows with this very special mount!

Black Senche-Lion
b1e5dbcd081cde205b068ff55b514c83.jpg

The Black Senche-Lion is the preferred mount of Elsweyr's greatest thieves, who want a ride that’s both fierce and can fade into the dark of night. According to legend, the most famous Black Senche-Lion of all was Rajhin's mount Umbrage, which could both talk and, for brief periods, fly!

The Black Senche-Lion mount is available for a limited time from April 13 to April 17 and costs 2,500 crowns.

Will you ride into battle on this majestic mount straight from legend? Post your pictures here, or share them with us on Twitter or Instagram.
Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be mine when I'm done work Mr. Lion!

...What shall I name you?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Mr. Lone Lion? :D

Mhh, I'm on the fence, I have a black cat already...
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

The Senche Panther @Rouven ? I just never cared for that one. I honestly think it's the only Senche I don't own... Even passed up on it TWICE! lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

The Senche Panther @Rouven ? I just never cared for that one. I honestly think it's the only Senche I don't own... Even passed up on it TWICE! lol

Yes - and I'm not using it right now. So not sure if I would use a black lion.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory post in Developer made thread.

Not something which interests me personally (not a fan of the Senche and I have enough of them) but glad to see good pricing on this on. Please keep the prices on the lower side like this going forward, especially with the limited time ones, we really do appreciate it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Not something which interests me personally (not a fan of the Senche and I have enough of them) but glad to see good pricing on this on. Please keep the prices on the lower side like this going forward, especially with the limited time ones, we really do appreciate it.

Perception is a funny thing. I still think that is an expensive mount. Expensive but not unreasonable. Some of the other prices we've seen for things *coughthehighlookingelk* were stupid expensive.

On this senche itself, seems maybe a tad bit high considering it's just a re-color, but I'll probably buy it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will we ever get a stealth mount ?
    because, for us nightblades who prefer to travel in stealth. or atleast increase sneak speeds for travel ?
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Perception is a funny thing. I still think that is an expensive mount. Expensive but not unreasonable. Some of the other prices we've seen for things *coughthehighlookingelk* were stupid expensive.

On this senche itself, seems maybe a tad bit high considering it's just a re-color, but I'll probably buy it.
    That's fair enough and I agree I could have worded it better. However the fact it's not 3,000+ is nice.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

It is an expensive mount, but then a lot of the mounts are expensive. Relatively speaking, this mount is a steal.
    The Black Senche-Lion is the preferred mount of Elsweyr's greatest thieves, who want a ride that’s both fierce and can fade into the dark of night. According to legend, the most famous Black Senche-Lion of all was Rajhin's mount Umbrage, which could both talk and, for brief periods, fly!

Fly? All my mounts can fly. It's the landing that is the problem.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Dragonking06
    Dragonking06
    ✭✭✭

Liony McLion-face

I think I'm actually going to have to ask to borrow some money from a friend until I'm next paid to get this... >< Told myself I didn't want it... I didn't need it... But for that price and with a Crowns sale going on....

Damn you Zeni... Damn you.
    Edited by Dragonking06 on April 13, 2017 5:44PM
    PC - NA Server
    Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
    "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perception IS a funny thing. I recall back when the first limited mount was offered - I believe it was the Senche-Leopard. It was 2,500 Crowns and there was an uproar regarding the expensive price. Now, we rejoice when they return to that price point. :D
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 13, 2017 6:35PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Perception IS a funny thing. I recall back when the first limited mount was offered - I believe it was the Senche-Leopard. It was 2,500 Crowns and there was an uproar regarding the expensive price. Now, we rejoice when they return to that price point. :D

I might have to go back and look. I don't recall an "uproar" (I accept your pun) over the Senche-Leopard. There was some comment along those lines, but it always seemed to be the same people. I do seem to recall concern over "limited time", once that concept sank in fully.

In any case, I actually think Pride-King looks better. The Panther Senche looks a lot better in black than the lion does.

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I might have to go back and look. I don't recall an "uproar" (I accept your pun) over the Senche-Leopard. There was some comment along those lines, but it always seemed to be the same people. I do seem to recall concern over "limited time", once that concept sank in fully.

In any case, I actually think Pride-King looks better. The Panther Senche looks a lot better in black than the lion does.

Yeah I think the first uproar was the Frostmare, which was more than 2500
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited for this, anticipated it...bought it....very fun mount.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS I know you need to make money, and tossing out a limited time item is a good way to do it. I take issue with the excessive price-gougey cost (2500cr) though; granted there is a discount on crowns right now so it's only 16$ and some change.

This is bordering on predatory at worst and exploitative at least. I'm sure I'll be hated on for stating this, but it's my (and others) opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Also, buying the bear mount instead: Warden with bear pet riding a bear, because overkill. xD
    Edited by KitsuneShoujo on April 14, 2017 12:36AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. My hope is that, someday, they animate the mounts when placed in Homestead so that they wander around. Then, my black lion can patrol, along with my black panther.

Options
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    This is the only lion mount I like because the jet black color hides how embarrassingly low-res the manes are on the male lion model. While the base Senche model is beautiful, the mane looks like it came from an art asset from 2005. It's jarring.

Anyway, this mount is cool and way better than the panther Senche. Bought it and have no regrets!
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I call mine 'Snowy'! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

I call mine 'Snowy'! :D

Mine is "Aslan" until he is annoyed enough to tell me his real name. These lions can be so stubborn.

Options
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    Ok, can you hear its footsteps when running, like the horse, or is it a silent runner like the wolf? I bought the wolf but I still use the horse because of the horse galloping sound.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, can you hear its footsteps when running, like the horse, or is it a silent runner like the wolf? I bought the wolf but I still use the horse because of the horse galloping sound.

Senche footstep sounds, as I recall.

Edit: I love the sound they use for the horses. Makes me want to ride the horses, and I do.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 14, 2017 1:03PM

Options
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crackling?... Scorched lion, just imported from Old Town, Reaper's March :p
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
    Options
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭

Senche footstep sounds, as I recall.

Edit: I love the sound they use for the horses. Makes me want to ride the horses, and I do.

Anybody has the sound linked somewhere? It would be nice to hear it before coughing up the 2500 crowns.
    And oh, if it does not fly, I will ask for my money back me thinks :wink:
    Edited by pala_the4th on April 14, 2017 1:38PM
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And oh, if it does not fly, I will ask for my money back me thinks :wink:

Like I said elsewhere, all the mounts fly. It is the landings that you have to worry about. :smile:

Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the armor look like?
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on April 14, 2017 5:30PM
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does the armor look like?

none.

bought it immediately. goes well with my black armored vamps.

saddle and bridle are dark grey/off black, if that's what you mean.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for not giving him those stupid doom wolf glowing eyes. Those eyes are terrible. Really, really terrible.
    The black lion looks amazing. He's gorgeous. Please have the employee who created this to do all your mounts from now on.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 15, 2017 2:43AM
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Thank you for not giving him those stupid doom wolf glowing eyes. Those eyes are terrible. Really, really terrible.
    The black lion looks amazing. He's gorgeous. Please have the employee who created this to do all your mounts from now on.

lol, my drunken orc rides the doom wolf, perfect fit.

agree on the black lion, though. nicely done and reasonably priced.
    Options
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think I'll ever forgive ZOS for punishing me for being a subscriber when it comes to this one. I wanted this one BAD yet because of when my crown allotment fell I got screwed. Had I not been a subscriber it would've been mine. And despite being a subscriber I have no way of even making case and being allowed to purchase it now.
    Options