Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

AP (PVP) Question

Kaymorolis
Kaymorolis
✭✭✭
I'm not a big PVP player, typically avoiding it at all cost. However, being that I'm leveling a stamblade and self-healing isn't exactly plentiful, my stubborn self has finally ventured into Cyrodil to force myself to get the Vigor skill.

If I understand the system correctly, PVP activities earn AP, and accumulating AP is what gains you the PVP levels needed to get to Vigor. However, I'm also seeing random posts that make me think you can spend the AP you have accumulated.

Is that correct and, if so, does spending AP lower my PVP level?

Thanks in advance.
PC | NA
CP: 240+
Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP is both a currency and a means of levelling.

When you see gains they will go into your currency tab and can be spent from there, spending them doesn't reduce your rank/skill line at all.

Tips on AP gains.
    • You can get a bonus gains buff from killing a boss inside a Cyrodiil Delve.
    • PvE quests in towns offer you AP rewards now.
    • Smaller groups getting many kills is the faster AP gains.
    • Repairing keep walls/doors gives AP, kits can be purchased for AP or Gold. If you only interested in the skill line then spending your AP on repair kits is a good way to make your AP into more AP. Check on recently captured keeps which have the mine/lumber resource for when they "level up" as the walls will gain more max HP which they have to be repaired up to (or naturally regenerate over time).
    • After a location has been defended a short period (2-5mins) there will be a defensive bonus of AP (def tick) which grants AP for all kills in the area divided by the number of players there.

Hope this helps.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Turelus , that helps a lot. I might end up doing more PVP than I thought originally, as Caltrops looks like a nice little AoE skill for me.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's worth getting the full skill lines unlocked on each character if you can.

If you're really not a fan of PvP it can be a little bit of a grind but if you can run with some casual guilds or PUGs it can be a little interesting and drag you in.

Any other questions feel free to ask and I will answer as best I can.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."