PSA: Complete Your Quests and Lag is Lowered

THEDKEXPERIENCE
THEDKEXPERIENCE
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'll preface this by saying it's only one instance and I understand that it may just be placebo.

Now that that is out of the way, everyone should go into your quest log and either complete or abandon every quest that you have when not actively doing the quest. Dropping my total open quests from 20+ to just 3 has reduced my choppiness and lag to a great extent. I think it has something to do with the quest markers screwing up how things get rendered but, whatever, I'll leave that to the smart folks.

Give it a try. You'll still DC from time to time but my overall lag has been greatly reduced this past week.

TLDR: Too many open quests contributes to lag. Complete or abandon them.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this a thing stated by the developers themselves?

I may be wrong though.
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »

I may be wrong though.

Not sure. I saw someone mention it here a few weeks back so I gave it a try. Seems to have helped. Figured I'd help spread the word.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be wrong though.

It happened before that players who had completed a lot of quests were experiencing performance issues. I believe it was super long loading screens.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I may be wrong though.

It happened before that players who had completed a lot of quests were experiencing performance issues. I believe it was super long loading screens.

I've had that before as well.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome as always @THEDKEXPERIENCE ...

hey, you've been here foreva ...when you gonna pic an avatar pic?????????

it's weird...got a ton of stuff going on in life at the moment, and, the only thing I'm really concerned about is making sure everyone on the forums has chosen to display some type of avatar pic...

ugh, the human mind can be one very odd box of chocolates :o

speaking of chocolates, seeing how my doctor keeps prescribing me more pills for my blood sugar levels - i really need to toss all the ones in my drawers at work and also at home (who doesn't keep chocolate stashes everywhere?)...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 10, 2017 8:28PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

it's weird...got a ton of stuff going on in life at the moment, and, the only thing I'm really concerned about is making sure everyone on the forums has chosen to display some type of avatar pic...

speaking of chocolates, seeing how my doctor keeps prescribing me more pills for my blood sugar levels - i really need to toss all the ones in my drawers at work and also at home (who doesn't keep chocolate stashes everywhere?)...

This has been a public service announcement from Geonsocal Inc. ;)
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hahaha. I don't have an avatar because I'm always using my IPhone. Not sure where to upload it.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lord help me, but:
    i-can-resist-everything-except-temptation-quote-1.jpg

coupled with a weak filter in my mind to hold in some of my less lucid thoughts...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lord help me, but:
    i-can-resist-everything-except-temptation-quote-1.jpg

coupled with a weak filter in my mind to hold in some of my less lucid thoughts...

LOL! Well done sir! It is the forums why in the world do you hold in the thoughts?
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal

Just for you!
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I may be wrong though.

Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll preface this by saying it's only one instance and I understand that it may just be placebo.

Now that that is out of the way, everyone should go into your quest log and either complete or abandon every quest that you have when not actively doing the quest. Dropping my total open quests from 20+ to just 3 has reduced my choppiness and lag to a great extent. I think it has something to do with the quest markers screwing up how things get rendered but, whatever, I'll leave that to the smart folks.

Give it a try. You'll still DC from time to time but my overall lag has been greatly reduced this past week.

TLDR: Too many open quests contributes to lag. Complete or abandon them.
    If this is true it has to be an very weird bug. just the active quest show up outside of local maps typically dungeons or towns.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal

Just for you!

whew, glad that emergency has been rectified...i can now go back to counting the box of toothpicks I dropped on the ground earlier...
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old bug has returned? Since DB when that bug first happened never keep more than a couple quests in my log.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options