Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Ability to Craft Costumes

geezergamer22ub17_ESO
geezergamer22ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
One thing that is very limiting to me is the inability to craft a costume from an existing motif. As an example I'm wearing Necropotence armor which is really required for my Sorc pet build. However, I really don't like the look of the armor. Now of course I can purchase a costume from the store (which I have done) but I find the choices of store costumes very limited.

The store also sells some very cool motifs such as the Malacath motif but I can't wear it unless I craft an armor piece that doesn't work for my build. I guess what I'm asking is can there be some type of crafted armor that can use a motif but build it as a costume? Or Zenimax can you sell your exotic store motifs as a costume?

Anyone else find this to be something of interest?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to imagine they'll give up the cash cow of their costume sales, but your idea is sound and has been requested for a looooooooong time.

At the very least, they could sell "conversion" abilities in the crown store that would work the same way as the Imperial ability. If I love Trinimac armor (barf) I can pay 1500 crowns for a Trinimac Conversion Kit. This allows my characters to convert any armor into Trinimac, whereupon it becomes bound.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craft our own costumes ?
    that would be awesome :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds good . I'd also like to create my own disguises . No one would recognize me in these after I get a bounty .

s-l1000.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they could offer a transmorg on all armors. However I think there is a technical reason underlying it that also impacts the ability to convert everything to Imperial. Whether this can be overcome or not is not something I know.

However, I tend to not wear the armor costumes myself. Well, one character, my Orc does. But those who wear costumes, tend to wear clothing.

But, to be able to make say an armor costume from a known Motif would be nice thing to have. If its a money issue, then ZOS could sell a token to allow for an armor costume to be made from a Motif.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"