Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Does it matter what level your crafting level is to find certain materials?

DragonBound
DragonBound
✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks all!
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CosmicSoul wrote: »
    Thanks all!

Nodes will 50% give you mats that are at your character level and 50% mats that are at your crafting level (the first passive for each crafting). So, a level 50 cp160 with no skill points spent in crafting will get 50% top level materials and 50% bottom level materials.
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all!

Nodes will 50% give you mats that are at your character level and 50% mats that are at your crafting level (the first passive for each crafting). So, a level 50 cp160 with no skill points spent in crafting will get 50% top level materials and 50% bottom level materials.

I am a little lost here, so if I farmed with my sorc who has all crafting levels for those mats I get 100 percent top mats while my other char who is max level and no crafting levels gets 50/50?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all!

I am a little lost here, so if I farmed with my sorc who has all crafting levels for those mats I get 100 percent top mats while my other char who is max level and no crafting levels gets 50/50?

Correct.

You get 50% from your CHARACTER level, and 50% from your CRAFTING . If you are maxed on both you will get 100% top tier.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I see here that might stand clarification is they're not talking of the crafting level for that 50%, they're speaking of the number of points in the crafting passive that determines which materials are the top tier you can work with and craft from. Crafting Level 50 means nada, but 10 points in that passive means top tier mats.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • pj4533
    pj4533
    ✭✭
    Probably would be good to add some text to the skill itself that reflects this...like "Able to start crafting with Oak, and start seeing more Oak in the wild". Something that indicates how the system works. Only cause there seem to be lots of threads about this.

I know cause I started a thread asking the same thing!