The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone know which vault in the Imperial City drops which Xivikyn motifs?

Sinolai
Sinolai
✭✭✭✭✭
I need only Shoulder and dagger motif. Last time I opened chests I got only 2 types of motifs with 8 keys. Unfortunately cant remember which vault I was in (dropped endurance jewelleries). I think these motifs drop like the Jewelleries, only few motifs / vault?
EDIT: COMPLETE LIST HERE:
Planar Armor: Elven Garden
Chest
Helmets

Legionary: Nobles
Legs
Shields

Monstrous Tooth: Temple
Axes
Daggers
Swords

Clawed: Arborterum
Bows
Staves
Maces

Ethereal: Arena
Gloves
Shoulders

Bone Shard:
Memorial
Belts
Boots
Edited by Sinolai on June 15, 2020 9:14PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the vaults have some (not overly high but not 1/100 either) chance to drop Xiv motifs, last I checked. Only thing that differs from vault to vault is the sets/pieces they drop.
    WGT and ICP vaults do not drop motifs but you probably didn't have these in mind anyway.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all drop Xivkyn motifs, all pages in every vault
    Edited by Tryxus on April 9, 2017 11:45AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened 3x Planar armor vault, got 3x Xivikyn helmets motif. This place drops endurance items so dont recommend opening it again.
    Opened 2x Ethereal trophy vault, got 2x Xivikyn Shoulders. This place drop willpower items.
    Opened 1x Ethereal trophy vault, got Xivikyn Gloves motif.
    Opened 1x Bone shard vault, got Xivikyn Boots and willpower stuff
    Opened 1x Bone shard vault, got Xivikyn Belts.
    Opened 3x Clawed vault, got Bows, Maces, Staves and agility stuff.
    Opened 5x Ethereal trophy vault. Got 2x Golves motif and 3x Shoulders.

I am going to update here when I open more chests in other vaults. (may take months :tongue: )
    Edited by Sinolai on May 15, 2017 8:12PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bumbing to give this thread some daylight now that I have done some testing.
    So far not a single motif has dropped from 2 vaults.
    Edited by Sinolai on May 14, 2017 9:21PM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just buy them for nothing on guild stores
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the pages farily cheap! And sell the stones to open the vaults for more than the pages.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already bought the daggers.
    But I still want to find out wether all motifs drop from all vaults or if they are divided between vaults. I never found the answer to this question while googling. At the moment it seem like they are divided but I'll be updating when I open more.

I also got sharpened willpower sword and arcance neclkace which i sold for 50K+10K. I think I rather open the vaults myself than sell the key fragments :smile:

Edited by Sinolai on May 15, 2017 12:52PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you running the treasure hunter passive??

I opened a load of vaults the other day whilst having that passive and I got a motif in every chest......

Might have just been a RNG lucky day but also might be worth considering. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven´t seen a xivkin motif over 500g on PC EU in like 6 months so they are very cheap.
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't put too much into it but it does seem that each vault has two chapters that will only drop there and seemingly two remaining ones that will drop in all of them. I believe I did this soon after Homestead was released and Xivkyn motifs became hard to find because of the panic over master writs. The market at the time also supported what I found as the ones that show up only in the more desirable vaults were more common than the others.

Here's what I recorded out of opening up 25 or so vaults (for the achievement):
    Ones with an asterik next to them I found more than one from that vault.

Planar:
    Chest*
    Helmets

Legionary:
    Legs
    Shields

Monstrous Tooth:
    Axes
    Daggers
    Swords*

Clawed:
    Bows
    Staves*

Ethereal:
    Gloves*
    Shoulders

Bone Shard:
    Belts*
    Boots*
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Are you running the treasure hunter passive??

I opened a load of vaults the other day whilst having that passive and I got a motif in every chest......

Might have just been a RNG lucky day but also might be worth considering. :)

Yes, I have treasure hunter and I am also getting 1 motif from every chest. But I am trying to map which vault drop which motifs.
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Haven't put too much into it but it does seem that each vault has two chapters that will only drop there and seemingly two remaining ones that will drop in all of them. I believe I did this soon after Homestead was released and Xivkyn motifs became hard to find because of the panic over master writs. The market at the time also supported what I found as the ones that show up only in the more desirable vaults were more common than the others.

Here's what I recorded out of opening up 25 or so vaults (for the achievement):
    Ones with an asterik next to them I found more than one from that vault.

Planar:
    Chest*
    Helmets

Legionary:
    Legs
    Shields

Monstrous Tooth:
    Axes
    Daggers
    Swords*

Clawed:
    Bows
    Staves*
    Maces <-from my ntoes.

Ethereal:
    Gloves*
    Shoulders

Bone Shard:
    Belts*
    Boots*

Thank you! I added my maces to the Clawed vault. I think this list now covers all items? Clawed and Monstrous Tooth vaults drop 3 motis while the rest seem to drop 2.
    Edited by Sinolai on May 15, 2017 12:59PM
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    I need only Shoulder and dagger motif. Last time I opened chests I got only 2 types of motifs with 8 keys. Unfortunately cant remember which vault I was in (dropped endurance jewelleries). I think these motifs drop like the Jewelleries, only few motifs / vault?

dude buy them from guilds, those 2 go as low as 1000 gold each
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »
    Sinolai wrote: »

dude buy them from guilds, those 2 go as low as 1000 gold each

Already did, as stated earlier :smiley: I was mapping the location of the motifs. They can now be seen 2 comments above.
    Edited by Sinolai on May 15, 2017 8:05PM
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the list!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Buy.

Map.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in 2017 and some of the information may no longer be relevant, we decided to close it down. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.